William and Brenda Norris vs. Muse Associates Inc., Jeff Roberts Corp. a/k/a Jeff Roberts and Associates and Youth Explosion Ministries Inc.
PA – Ethan Vessals; J – Waters
* The plaintiffs, residents of St. Marys are suing the defendants for injuries William sustained on Oct. 10, 2010, when preparing a contemporary Christian concert at Parkersburg High School hosted by the defendants – businesses based in Nolensville, Tenn., Goodlettsville, Tenn., and Marion, Ill., respectively – when in the course of stacking speakers for the sound system had the tip of one of his fingers severed. Brenda makes a claim for loss of consortium. They seek unspecified damages, court costs, attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 11-C-150
Charles E. and Agnes L. O'Dell vs. Darrell E. and Vickie Lea Simmons
PA – Robert S. Fluharty Jr.; J – Reed
* The plaintiffs are seeking a court order compelling the defendants to deliver a deed for property on Neal and 12th streets in Parkersburg the Simmonses conveyed to the O'Dells on June 22, 2010.
Case number: 11-C-156
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published