Jonathan Jones, on behalf of himself and all others similarly situated vs. United Bank and United Bankshares Inc.
PA – David Grubb; J – Evans
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants, a West Virginia bank and its parent company, for the deceptive manner it structures debit card payments in order to derive income from overdraft fees. Along with certification of the suit as class-action, he seeks unspecified damages, including disgorgement and restitution of all overdraft fees, statutory penalties for each violation of the state Consumer Credit and Protection Act, court costs, interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 11-C-70
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy
- Justices: Board of review relied on misstatement, mischaracterization
- Man accuses John Skidmore Development of workers’ comp discrimination
- Police officer sues City of Kenova for forcing him to quit
- Woman accuses 3D Construction of discrimination, invasion of privacy
- Wayne Co. man sues Mountaineer Contractors for breach
- Woman says Nytis Exploration violated state code
- Panel reviews public financing complaints in Supreme Court race
- Steptoe & Johnson will sponsor North American Prospect Expo in Houston