Jonathan Jones, on behalf of himself and all others similarly situated vs. United Bank and United Bankshares Inc.
PA – David Grubb; J – Evans
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants, a West Virginia bank and its parent company, for the deceptive manner it structures debit card payments in order to derive income from overdraft fees. Along with certification of the suit as class-action, he seeks unspecified damages, including disgorgement and restitution of all overdraft fees, statutory penalties for each violation of the state Consumer Credit and Protection Act, court costs, interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 11-C-70
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall