Jonathan Jones, on behalf of himself and all others similarly situated vs. United Bank and United Bankshares Inc.
PA – David Grubb; J – Evans
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants, a West Virginia bank and its parent company, for the deceptive manner it structures debit card payments in order to derive income from overdraft fees. Along with certification of the suit as class-action, he seeks unspecified damages, including disgorgement and restitution of all overdraft fees, statutory penalties for each violation of the state Consumer Credit and Protection Act, court costs, interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 11-C-70
- Humphreys' firm hit with another legal malpractice claim
- Jackson County residents sue state in roadway dispute
- Pennsylvania man sues developer, alleging breach of agreement
- Woman sues Nitro to stop city from assessing property fees
- Kanawha Co. woman sues after fall on sidewak at St. Francis
- Fayette Co. woman blames Kmart in slip-and-fall suit
- UPDATE: WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- AG's office files diesel engine lawsuit against VW
- Robin Davis is a conflict of interest
- New prevailing wage rates, same old problems