Jonathan Jones, on behalf of himself and all others similarly situated vs. United Bank and United Bankshares Inc.
PA – David Grubb; J – Evans
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants, a West Virginia bank and its parent company, for the deceptive manner it structures debit card payments in order to derive income from overdraft fees. Along with certification of the suit as class-action, he seeks unspecified damages, including disgorgement and restitution of all overdraft fees, statutory penalties for each violation of the state Consumer Credit and Protection Act, court costs, interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 11-C-70
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection