CHARLESTON -- A man is suing Genesis Healthcare Corporation after he claims it is responsible for his father's death.
Joseph Triana, John Does 1 through 10 and Unidentified Entities 1 through 10 were also named as defendants in the suit.
On Aug. 8, 2010, Carlton Riggins was admitted to Cedar Ridge Center, where he remained as a resident until Oct. 22, 2010, according to a complaint filed April 18 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Matthew Riggins claims his father suffered infections and a fracture during his stay at the nursing home, which ultimately led to his death on Nov. 13, 2010.
The defendants negligently operated their facility and failed to exercise reasonable care in the facility's operation, according to the suit.
Matthew Riggins is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. He is being represented by James B. McHugh, Michael J. Fuller Jr. and D. Bryant Chaffin.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge James C. Stucky.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-624
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements