CHARLESTON -- A man is suing Genesis Healthcare Corporation after he claims it is responsible for his father's death.
Joseph Triana, John Does 1 through 10 and Unidentified Entities 1 through 10 were also named as defendants in the suit.
On Aug. 8, 2010, Carlton Riggins was admitted to Cedar Ridge Center, where he remained as a resident until Oct. 22, 2010, according to a complaint filed April 18 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Matthew Riggins claims his father suffered infections and a fracture during his stay at the nursing home, which ultimately led to his death on Nov. 13, 2010.
The defendants negligently operated their facility and failed to exercise reasonable care in the facility's operation, according to the suit.
Matthew Riggins is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. He is being represented by James B. McHugh, Michael J. Fuller Jr. and D. Bryant Chaffin.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge James C. Stucky.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-624
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall