Katherine L. Mohn and Michael D. Lowe vs. Hood Realty Co.
PA- Jon D. Hoover; J- David M. Pancake
* On Aug. 15, 2008, Mohn and Lowe entered into an apartment lease agreement with the defendant for an apartment. They claim they were allowed to lease the apartment on a month-to-month basis and that they were told the apartment was in good repair. On April 3, 2010, Mohn and Lowe were exposed to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide from a defective water heater that was leaking carbon monoxide. The plaintiffs are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-510
Tamara S. Nimmo vs. Alternative Building Concepts, Inc.
PA- Robert H. Sweeney Jr.; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Nimmo owns a home in Huntington. She claims she contracted the defendant in 2008 because she was having issues with the basement floor of her residence dropping and she was looking for someone to fix the floor. She claims the defendants were negligent in repairing the floor. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 11-C-518
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall