Katherine L. Mohn and Michael D. Lowe vs. Hood Realty Co.
PA- Jon D. Hoover; J- David M. Pancake
* On Aug. 15, 2008, Mohn and Lowe entered into an apartment lease agreement with the defendant for an apartment. They claim they were allowed to lease the apartment on a month-to-month basis and that they were told the apartment was in good repair. On April 3, 2010, Mohn and Lowe were exposed to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide from a defective water heater that was leaking carbon monoxide. The plaintiffs are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-510
Tamara S. Nimmo vs. Alternative Building Concepts, Inc.
PA- Robert H. Sweeney Jr.; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Nimmo owns a home in Huntington. She claims she contracted the defendant in 2008 because she was having issues with the basement floor of her residence dropping and she was looking for someone to fix the floor. She claims the defendants were negligent in repairing the floor. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 11-C-518
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy
- Justices: Board of review relied on misstatement, mischaracterization
- Man accuses John Skidmore Development of workers’ comp discrimination
- Police officer sues City of Kenova for forcing him to quit
- Woman accuses 3D Construction of discrimination, invasion of privacy
- Wayne Co. man sues Mountaineer Contractors for breach
- Woman says Nytis Exploration violated state code
- Panel reviews public financing complaints in Supreme Court race
- Steptoe & Johnson will sponsor North American Prospect Expo in Houston