Katherine L. Mohn and Michael D. Lowe vs. Hood Realty Co.
PA- Jon D. Hoover; J- David M. Pancake
* On Aug. 15, 2008, Mohn and Lowe entered into an apartment lease agreement with the defendant for an apartment. They claim they were allowed to lease the apartment on a month-to-month basis and that they were told the apartment was in good repair. On April 3, 2010, Mohn and Lowe were exposed to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide from a defective water heater that was leaking carbon monoxide. The plaintiffs are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-510
Tamara S. Nimmo vs. Alternative Building Concepts, Inc.
PA- Robert H. Sweeney Jr.; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Nimmo owns a home in Huntington. She claims she contracted the defendant in 2008 because she was having issues with the basement floor of her residence dropping and she was looking for someone to fix the floor. She claims the defendants were negligent in repairing the floor. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 11-C-518
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published