CHARLESTON -– Clerks' offices throughout West Virginia will be closed Oct. 4 for the special gubernatorial election.
Special elections held statewide are legal holidays. As a result, the Supreme Court Clerk's Office, circuit clerks' offices and magistrate court clerks' offices will be closed.
Chief Justice Margaret L. Workman, on behalf of the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia, announced on Aug. 29 that Oct. 4 will be a legal holiday and a day off for employees of the West Virginia judiciary.
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall