CHARLESTON -– Clerks' offices throughout West Virginia will be closed Oct. 4 for the special gubernatorial election.
Special elections held statewide are legal holidays. As a result, the Supreme Court Clerk's Office, circuit clerks' offices and magistrate court clerks' offices will be closed.
Chief Justice Margaret L. Workman, on behalf of the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia, announced on Aug. 29 that Oct. 4 will be a legal holiday and a day off for employees of the West Virginia judiciary.
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection