Varsha Vaghela vs. JPMorgan Chase & Co. d/b/a JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.; Lisa Craddock; and Sharon Parsons
PA- Maria W. Hughes, Paul S. Saluja; J- James C. Stucky
* In December 1996, Vaghela was hired to work at the Charleston Main Branch of the bank. She claims in December 2009 it became apparent that she was being repeatedly denied opportunities for promotion in favor of less-qualified candidates and when she complained about the treatment and discrimination, her complaints were ignored and she was retaliated against. She claims in January 2010, her employment was terminated. Vaghela is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-1637
Wade Shaffer vs. KJ Group, LLC
PA- J. Michael Ranson, Cynthia M. Ranson, George B. Morrone III, G. Patrick Jacobs; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* Shaffer was employed by the defendant from Feb. 1 until his employment was terminated in May. He claims the defendant failed to pay his final wages within 72 hours of discharge. Shaffer is seeking compensatory and liquidated damages.
Case number: 11-C-1649
Tushar T. Shah vs. Lowe's Home Centers, Inc. and Jeff Lasater
PA- J. Michael Ranson, Cynthia M. Ranson, George B. Morrone III; J- Carrie Webster
* Shah was employed by the defendants from April 19, 2001, until March 19. He claims he was discharged in violation of the West Virginia Human Rights Act. He is seeking reinstatement and compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-1650
Tina M. Browning vs. Big Lots Stores, Inc.
PA- Matthew M. Johnson; J- Louis H. Bloom
* On Aug. 3, 2010, Browning was shopping at Big Lots when she tripped on a rug and/or mat improperly placed on the floor and was injured. Browning is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-1656
Jose Strickland vs. J.N. Berry, LLC d/b/a Orkin; and Orkin, LLC
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega; J- Louis H. Bloom
* Strickland was employed by the defendants from Oct. 6, 2010, until he quit on Dec. 10, 2010. He claims the defendant failed to pay his final wages by the next regular pay day. Strickland is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-1660
Amanda L. Walker vs. Braley Care Home, Inc. and Braley Care Homes III, Inc.
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Walker claims she was employed by the defendants from June until Sept. 1. She claims during her employment, the defendants failed to compensate her for the time she worked and failed to pay her final wages within 72 hours of discharge. Walker is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-1661
Lindsay Bays, individually and as mother and guardian of Luke Bays, a minor child vs. CorCell, Inc.; Cord Blood America; Progenitor Cell Therapy, LLC; and Bergen Community Blood Center
PA- Robert B. Warner, Tammy Bowles Raines; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On Feb. 12, 2007, Lindsay Bays entered into a contract with the defendants for the collection and storage of her unborn child's cord cell blood to be collected from the umbilical cord at birth of the child. Lindsay Bays claims the defendants failed to adequately collect, label, transport and store her son's cord blood. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-1664
Brenda Vincent, on behalf of Hazel Brewer vs. Formation Capital, LLC; FC Gen Acquisition, LLC; FC Gen Acquisition Holding, LLC; FC Gen Acquisition, Inc.; Genesis Healthcare Corporation; Genesis Healthcare Holding Company II, Inc.; Genesis Health Ventures, Inc. of West Virginia; Genesis Eldercare Corporation; Genesis Eldercare Network Services, Inc.; Genesis Eldercare Network Services, Inc.; Genesis Eldercare Management Services, Inc.; Genesis Eldercare Rehabilitation Services, Inc.; Genesis Eldercare Staffing Services, Inc.; Genesis Eldercare Hospitality Services, Inc.; Glenmark Associates, Inc.; 1543 Country Club Road Manor Operations, LLC; Beth Harris; John Does 1 through 10; and Unidentified Entities 1 through 10 (as to Pierpont Center)
PA- James B. McHugh, Michael J. Fuller Jr.; J- Carrie Webster
* On Jan. 26, 2010, Brewer was admitted to Pierpont Center. Vincent claims the defendants have negligently cared for Brewer. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-1684
Kylan Wilson, as parent and natural guardian of Jacob Wilson, a minor vs. Kanawha County Board of Education
PA- Bruce L. Freeman; J- Carrie Webster
* On May 18, Jacob Wilson was participating in activities at the Shawnee Community Center playground when he was injured as a result of the defendant's failure to properly manage and supervise the playground. Kylan Wilson is seeking compensatory damages in the amount in excess of $30,000 with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-1686
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan