Jennifer A. Booton vs. The County Commission of Wayne County, W.Va.; John Doe; and Jane Doe
PA- John F. Cyrus; J- James H. Young Jr.
* On Aug. 31, 2009, Booton was a business invitee at the defendants' business premises when she slipped and fell. Booton claims she sustained injuries to her neck, back, spine and limbs. Booton is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-167
Larry G. Copley and Anita L. Copley vs. Alonzo White, individually and d/b/a White's Electrical & Refrigeration; and Nordyne, Inc.
PA- Scott D. Maddox; J- James H. Young Jr.
* On Sept. 8, 2010, the Copleys and the defendants entered into a contract wherein the defendants were to install a new Westinghouse heat pump and air conditioning system in their home for the contract price of $5,900. The Copleys claim the system has never worked properly and is unable to properly regulate the temperature in the home. The Copleys are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 11-C-169
Frankie Smith vs. Salem United Baptist Church
PA- Larry A. Bailey; J- Darrell M. Pratt
* On Oct. 3, 2010, Smith was on the premises of the church when she tripped and fell as a result of a dangerous, defective and hazardous condition in the doorway and/or the doorway sill and was seriously injured. Smith is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 11-C-174
Charles Lamont Miller vs. Foodfair and Jane Doe
PA- pro se; J- Darrell M. Pratt
* Miller claims on May 27, Jane Doe, who was an employee at the Foodfair in Lavalette, contacted the police and made a false police report against him. He claims Doe falsely accused him of making a threat to blow up the Lavalette Foodfair. Miller is seeking damages in the amount of $1 million.
Case number: 11-C-176
Jeffrey Scott Clay vs. West Virginia Department of Highways
PA- Donald R. Jarrell; J- James H. Young Jr.
* On Aug. 20, 2009, Clay was operating a backhoe owned by the defendant while he was employed by the defendant. Clay claims while operating the backhoe, he attempted to dismount it by the step on the battery box when the cover shifted and threw him to the ground, causing injuries. Clay is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-191
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements