Ida Newland vs. Palisades Collection
PA- Pro Se; J- Wilson
* Plaintiff presents a check that shows her Providian account has been paid in full. The bank claims they have not received said funds. She seeks $16,216.67 for relief.
Case number: 11-C-281
Vicki J. and Steven A. Mentzer vs. Jessica Ybanez Morano, M.D.; Woman's Health Specialists of Wheeling Hospital, et al
PA- T.C. McCarthy; J- Mazzone
* During her hysterectomy on June 16, 2009, Mentzer suffered a perforation of her bowel and bladder. Failure to properly evaluate, care, and treat her resulted in readmission on June 19, 2009. Additional surgery and treatment at Allegheny General have resulted in medical expenses in excess of $268,000. Judgment is demanded in a Trial by jury on all counts.
Case number: 11-C-286
United Bank vs. Chad Trout and Rosemary Schlog
PA- T.C. McCarthy; J- Mazzone
* Plaintiff acquired title to the subject property at public auction, on Aug. 3, 2011, for $12,530. The property continues to be occupied by defendants, withholding plaintiff from taking possession. A request is sought to order the occupants to immediately vacate the property.
Case number: 11-C-291
Erie Insurance Property & Cas. Co. vs. Dean Lantz
PA- Richard J. McGervey; J- Wilson
* On Nov. 24, 2009, damages were incurred in the amount of $3,786.45. Plaintiff seeks this subrogated amount paid on behalf of its insured.
Case number: 11-C-299
West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways vs. William Casey Sawyer, et al
PA- William G. Petroplus; J- Wilson
* Future traffic conditions have rendered that relocating a portion of the road designated as the Twilight Bridge project will benefit the public. The lands sought to be condemned here are a portion of the real property owned by defendants. The Court is asked to determine the petitioner's right to appropriate land for said purpose.
Case number: 11-C-301
Panhandle Cleaning & Restoration, Inc. vs. M. David and Elaine Peluchette
PA- Denise D. Pentino; J- Wilson
* On May 16, 2010, defendants were advised that their account was past due with a request to remit payment on the outstanding balance. Plaintiff alleges the Work Authorization is a binding and enforceable contract. Judgment is demanded in the amount of $87,748.40, along with a request to create a secured lien against the property owned by defendants.
Case number: 11-C-302
Dominick and Theresa D'Aurora vs. Wal-Mart Stores East. L.P. and Patricia Mercer
PA- Richard J. McGervey; J- Gaughan
* On May 7, 2010, Dominick D'Aurora was terminated from his long- time employment with Walmart for purported "misconduct" in connection with an incident involving a female employee and male manager. Mercer decided to terminate D'Aurora, who took the lead in the investigation. It is believed that his discharge was in part due to defendant's bias against his age. Compensatory damages are sought for the embarrassment and humiliation he suffered.
Case number: 11-C-306
Randall J. Dlesk vs. Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
PA- Teresa C. Toriseva; J- Gaughan
* While negotiating an agreement regarding the extension of the Line, petitioner did not repay the loan. During this time, petitioner has been current in his interest payments. Dlesk seeks a temporary restraining order prohibiting Wells Fargo from reporting to any of the CRA's.
Case number: 11-C-308
Jennifer and Jimmy Barker vs. Rite Aid of West Virginia, Inc. and The Proctor and Gamble Co.
PA- Barry Hill; J- Wilson
* Plaintiffs purchased Fixodent which Jennifer Barker applied to her dentures. As a result, she suffered zinc poisoning, copper deficiency, as well as permanent neurological injuries that require her to use a cane. Plaintiffs were not aware that Fixodent was not reasonably safe for its intended use. Judgment is sought, individually and jointly, for punitive damages for willful; wantonness indifference toward the safety of the consuming public.
Case number: 11-C-310
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall