CHARLESTON – A minor, by his legal guardian, is suing Hospitality Ventures Limited Liability Company for injuries he sustained at its hotel.
Hospitality Ventures Limited Liability Company is doing business as Hampton Inn-Southridge Centre.
On Oct. 12, 2009, Trenton Joseph Pritchard and a friend were permitted access by an employee and/or agent of the defendant to the weight room located in the defendant's hotel, according to a complaint filed Oct. 12 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Pritchard is suing the defendant by his legal guardian, Daniel Ray Martin.
Pritchard claims while in the weight room, he suffered a severe injury to his pointer finger on his left hand and sustained permanent scarring to his finger.
As a result of the defendant's carelessness, recklessness and negligence, Pritchard suffered the severe injury, according to the suit.
Pritchard claims the defendant failed to warn the public of the dangerous conditions that were present in the weight room and failed to maintain the weight room in a safe condition.
The defendant also failed to instruct its employees and/or agents not to allow minors access to the weight room without supervision and failed to properly supervise the weight room, according to the suit.
Pritchard is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. He is being represented by H. Wyatt Hanna III.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Carrie Webster.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-1839
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age