CHARLESTON -- The management team of the law firm Spilman Thomas & Battle has announced that it was honored as a 2012 Go-To Law Firm for the Top 500 Companies by ALM, a publisher of multiple regional and national magazines tailored to the legal community.
This distinction is awarded annually through a systematic approach that includes gathering information from general counsel at FORTUNE 500 companies. Each general counsel is asked to list which outside law firm is relied upon most heavily to assist in the practice areas of litigation, corporate transactions/ mergers & acquisitions, securities, labor & employment, intellectual property, Canadian law, and international law.
"We are honored to have received this recognition for the third consecutive year," said Michael J. Basile, managing member of Spilman. "It exemplifies our commitment to providing excellent service at an exceptional value."
AIG, Capital One Financial and Textron named Spilman as a "Go-To Law Firm" for litigation. DuPont and Mylan named Spilman as a "Go-To Law Firm" for labor & employment law.
ALM is an integrated media company that publishes more than 15 law-related magazines and the website www.law.com. For more information on ALM, visit www.alm.com.
Spilman Thomas & Battle is a full-service law firm with more than 140 attorneys. Founded in 1864, Spilman has offices in Charleston, Morgantown and Wheeling, W.Va.; Harrisburg and Pittsburgh, Pa.; Winston-Salem, N.C.; and Roanoke, Va. For more information, visit www.spilmanlaw.com.
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall