HUNTINGTON -- A widower is suing St. Mary's Medical Center after he claims the hospital is responsible for his wife's death.
On May 26, 2010, Sheila K. Holston was admitted to St. Mary's for a right hip total arthroplasty, according to a complaint filed Nov. 10 in Cabell Circuit Court.
William J. Holston Sr. claims during his wife's admission, she suffered a skin break down and pressure ulcers.
St. Mary's failed to provide adequate care plans for skin issues and would care and failed to monitor Sheila Holston for the skin breakdown, according to the suit.
William Holston claims on June 26, 2010, his wife was discharged from St. Mary's and transferred to Cornerstone for the purposes of receiving additional health care services.
Upon admission to Cornerstone, Sheila Holston was documented as having the skin breakdown, according to the suit.
William Holston claims the defendant's negligence and carelessness contributed to Sheila Holston's injuries, resulting in pain and ultimately, her death on July 9, 2010.
The defendant breached its duty to act with reasonable care during the course of Sheila Holston's admission to St. Mary's, according to the suit.
William Holston is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. He is being represented by Andrew L. Paternostro, Sprague W. Hazard and Jeff D. Stewart.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David M. Pancake.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 11-C-851
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements