CHARLESTON -- A mother is suing the Kanawha County Board of Education after her son was injured on the Bridge Elementary School playground.
On Feb. 17, Nathanial Marion was playing on the playground when he fell from the slide rail and landed in a way that injured his arm, according to a complaint filed Nov. 7 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Deborah Marion claims the defendant in responsible for installing and maintaining the playground equipment at the elementary school.
The defendant failed to install a proper, safe material beneath the playground equipment and failed to maintain a proper and safe material beneath the playground equipment, according to the suit.
Deborah Marion is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by James M. Barber.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Jennifer Bailey.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-1975
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall