CHARLESTON -- A mother is suing the Kanawha County Board of Education after her son was injured on the Bridge Elementary School playground.
On Feb. 17, Nathanial Marion was playing on the playground when he fell from the slide rail and landed in a way that injured his arm, according to a complaint filed Nov. 7 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Deborah Marion claims the defendant in responsible for installing and maintaining the playground equipment at the elementary school.
The defendant failed to install a proper, safe material beneath the playground equipment and failed to maintain a proper and safe material beneath the playground equipment, according to the suit.
Deborah Marion is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by James M. Barber.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Jennifer Bailey.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-1975
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age