CHARLESTON -- A mother is suing the Kanawha County Board of Education after her son was injured on the Bridge Elementary School playground.
On Feb. 17, Nathanial Marion was playing on the playground when he fell from the slide rail and landed in a way that injured his arm, according to a complaint filed Nov. 7 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Deborah Marion claims the defendant in responsible for installing and maintaining the playground equipment at the elementary school.
The defendant failed to install a proper, safe material beneath the playground equipment and failed to maintain a proper and safe material beneath the playground equipment, according to the suit.
Deborah Marion is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by James M. Barber.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Jennifer Bailey.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-1975
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection