Danville Lumber Co. vs. Bonnie Sperry, Don Riffe, Earl G. Riffe Mansfield, Leo J. Riffe, Leon Riffe, Margie Riffe Workman, Matthew Riff and Phillip Sperry
PA- Jerry D. Alford; J- Jay M. Hoke
* Danville Lumber complains Phillip Sperry and Bonnie Sperry owe $20,718 for materials to build a house near Kiah's Creek in Harts District. Sperrys were contracted by Matthew Riffe, who owned land where the house was to be built. Supplier seeks jury awards of the materials cost, litigation expenses and interest, plus enforcement of Danville Lumber's Mechanics Lien ordering sale of the real estate to satisfy judgment.
Case number: 11-C-123
Connie Sue Wheeler, as administratrix of the Estate of Donna M. Mascol, for permission to compromise claim for death by wrongful act
PA- Ronald G. Salmons; J- Jay M. Hoke
* Hoke set Jan. 20 for final hearing on Wheeler's petition to approve settlement proceeds relative to wrongful death claim. Her daughter was fatally injured as a passenger in her vehicle being driven by Jeremy R. Rakes on W.Va. 10 in June 2009. Rakes, who was cited in the accident report as responsible for the car leaving the roadway, also died in the accident. Mascol leaves three minor children. Settlement proposes insurance benefits totaling $25,000 to be accepted.
Case number: 11-C-127
C&R Equipment, Inc. vs. Rocky L. Pritchard and Judy G. Pritchard
PA- C. Joseph Stevens; J- Jay M. Hoke
* C&R asks court to "ascertain, determine and declare the true and accurate boundary lines" of adjoining property of the Pritchards. Complaint wants defendants enjoined from interfering with C&R's use of property in dispute and seeks litigation costs, plus any other feasible relief.
Case number: 11-C-130
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall