MORGANTOWN -– Susan S. Brewer, CEO of Steptoe & Johnson, announced that effective Jan. 1, seven of the firm's attorneys will be promoted to membership.
"These attorneys exemplify the Steptoe & Johnson commitment to client-focused service," Brewer said. "We are pleased to elevate them to Membership in the firm and proud to provide their expertise and relationship skills to our valued clients."
* Robert J. Andre III focuses his practice in the areas of energy and oil and gas law in the firm's Bridgeport office. A graduate of West Virginia University (B.A. and J.D.), Andre joined Steptoe & Johnson in 2010 after serving as general counsel for a Pennsylvania-based energy producer. Andre is a member of the Michael Late Benedum Chapter of the American Association of Professional Landmen and Thomas Fairfax Lodge #174. He is also an Eagle Scout with Troop 96, Canaan Valley.
* Andrew S. Graham focuses his practice in the areas of energy and mineral law (coal, coalbed methane and oil and gas), real estate and commercial transactions. He is a graduate of Shepherd University (B.S.) and West Virginia University (J.D.). He joined Steptoe & Johnson in 2005 and practices in the firm's Morgantown office. Graham is a member of the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation, West Virginia State Bar Business Law Committee and the Humane Society of Harrison County Board of Directors. Graham is also ranked among The Best Lawyers in America for 2012. He is the author of many publications on oil and gas law and regularly addresses industry groups on lease and title issues.
* David L. Hotchkiss focuses his practice on Pennsylvania litigation specifically serving clients in the oil and gas industry, as well as oil and gas real estate title matters. Hotchkiss is a graduate of Lehigh University (B.A.) and the Dickinson School of Law (J.D.). He joined Steptoe & Johnson in 2010 and practices in the firm's Meadville, Pa., office. Hotchkiss is a Past President of the Crawford County Bar Association and Past President and Director of the Meadville YMCA.
* Daniel B. Kostrub focuses his practice in the areas of real estate and energy law, with emphasis on oil, gas and coalbed methane issues. A graduate of Warner Southern College (B.A.) and Appalachian School of Law (J.D.), Kostrub joined Steptoe & Johnson in 2006. He practices in the firm's Wheeling office. Kostrub is a member of the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation and the American Association of Professional Landmen. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Children's Museum of the Valley, Inc.
* Bryan K. Prosek joined Steptoe & Johnson in 2011. He focuses his practice on corporate and real estate law, including mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings, reorganizations, workouts, commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions, corporate and partnership tax matters, health care transactional work, and non-profit tax-exempt matters. He is a graduate of The Ohio State University (B.S., B.A. and J.D.) and practices in the firm's Columbus, Ohio, office.
* Todd L. Sarver focuses his practice on the representation of management in all aspects of labor and employment law. Sarver joined Steptoe & Johnson in 2011 and will practice in the firm's Columbus, Ohio, office. He is a graduate of Ohio Northern University (B.S.) and The Ohio State University (J.D.). Sarver is a member of the American Bar Association as well as the Columbus Bar Association and the Society for Human Resource Managers. He is an active member of his community serving as a football official for the Ohio High School Athletic Association and volunteer for the UALC youth program. He is the author of many publications on labor law and labor relations.
* Charles A. "Chark" Sinsel concentrates his practice in the areas of health care, corporate law, business transactions and contracting. He is a graduate of West Virginia University (B.A. and M.A.) and Willamette University (J.D.) and joined Steptoe & Johnson in 2007. He is ranked among The Best Lawyers in America for 2012. Sinsel is an ardent supporter of causes and organizations within his community. He is a member of the Harrison County Rotary, the Grant Committee for the United Way of Harrison County, Inc. and a director for Harrison County CASA Program, Inc. to name a few. Sinsel frequently briefs clients and organizations on issues concerning HIPAA regulations and health care reform. Sinsel practices in the firm's Bridgeport office.
Steptoe & Johnson is a regional, business-focused firm with strengths in energy, labor, employment, and litigation. It comprises over 230 lawyers resident in eleven locations throughout West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Texas.
For more information, visit www.steptoe-johnson.com.