MARTINSBURG -- A Berkeley County couple is suing Oliver's Restorations after they claim it has failed to restore their vehicle and has failed to return it.
Perry Mutton and Penny Mutton contracted with Russell W. Oliver, who is doing business as Oliver's Restorations, to paint and restore a 1981 Corvette they owned, according to a complaint filed Nov. 10 in Berkeley Circuit Court.
The Muttons claim over the course of several years, they have paid $17,407.16 to the defendant for parts, materials and labor for the restoration of the Corvette.
The defendant has failed and refused to complete the restorations and has failed and refused to return the Corvette, according to the suit.
The Muttons claim over the course of several years, the defendant has converted funds entrusted by them for restoration of the Corvette to uses other than restorations.
The defendant breached the verbal contract, according to the suit.
The Muttons are seeking judgment in the amount of $17,407.16 plus pre- and post-judgment interest and an order returning possession of the Corvette. They are being represented by Dale A. Buck.
Berkeley Circuit Court case number: 11-C-957
- Marmet citizens file petition to remove mayor from office
- West Virginia committed to combating substance abuse
- A letter to Secretary Kerry
- Morrisey warns of credit, debit chip card email scam
- AG's office urges caution with online holiday shopping
- SDW Electric sued for allegedly unpaid debts
- Workers accuse Republic Energy of firing over safety complaints, age
- Beckley HVAC firm seeks restitution from Norco Construction for unpaid bills
- Repo man seeks possession of final paycheck
- Woman accuses Marion Co. Coal of discrimination, retaliation