MARTINSBURG -- A Berkeley County couple is suing Oliver's Restorations after they claim it has failed to restore their vehicle and has failed to return it.
Perry Mutton and Penny Mutton contracted with Russell W. Oliver, who is doing business as Oliver's Restorations, to paint and restore a 1981 Corvette they owned, according to a complaint filed Nov. 10 in Berkeley Circuit Court.
The Muttons claim over the course of several years, they have paid $17,407.16 to the defendant for parts, materials and labor for the restoration of the Corvette.
The defendant has failed and refused to complete the restorations and has failed and refused to return the Corvette, according to the suit.
The Muttons claim over the course of several years, the defendant has converted funds entrusted by them for restoration of the Corvette to uses other than restorations.
The defendant breached the verbal contract, according to the suit.
The Muttons are seeking judgment in the amount of $17,407.16 plus pre- and post-judgment interest and an order returning possession of the Corvette. They are being represented by Dale A. Buck.
Berkeley Circuit Court case number: 11-C-957
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note