MARTINSBURG -- A Berkeley County couple is suing Oliver's Restorations after they claim it has failed to restore their vehicle and has failed to return it.
Perry Mutton and Penny Mutton contracted with Russell W. Oliver, who is doing business as Oliver's Restorations, to paint and restore a 1981 Corvette they owned, according to a complaint filed Nov. 10 in Berkeley Circuit Court.
The Muttons claim over the course of several years, they have paid $17,407.16 to the defendant for parts, materials and labor for the restoration of the Corvette.
The defendant has failed and refused to complete the restorations and has failed and refused to return the Corvette, according to the suit.
The Muttons claim over the course of several years, the defendant has converted funds entrusted by them for restoration of the Corvette to uses other than restorations.
The defendant breached the verbal contract, according to the suit.
The Muttons are seeking judgment in the amount of $17,407.16 plus pre- and post-judgment interest and an order returning possession of the Corvette. They are being represented by Dale A. Buck.
Berkeley Circuit Court case number: 11-C-957
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age
- Former DHHR employee alleges wrongful termination despite approved medical leave