MARTINSBURG -- A woman is suing Spanky's Lounge after a man died in a motor vehicle accident.
David W. McDaniel and Spanky's Lounge d/b/a Iffie's Sports Bar, were also named as defendants in the suit.
On May 9, Harry Lee Franks Jr. was a passenger in a car being driven by McDaniel, according to a complaint filed Nov. 9 in Berkeley Circuit Court.
Joyce F. Kees claims McDaniel was negligent in the operation of the vehicle so as to cause a single vehicle accident.
McDaniel owed Franks a duty to use due care and caution in the operation and control of his motor vehicle to drive with due care, to reasonably protect the safety, health and life and Franks and to obey the traffic laws, according to the suit.
Kees claims McDaniel was negligent in driving while intoxicated and causing injuries; failing to maintain control of his vehicle; and operating his vehicle in an aggressive manner.
Iffie's Sports Bar was negligent in serving McDaniel with alcoholic beverages, according to the suit.
Kees is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. She is being represented by Mark Jenkinson and Ronald M. Harman.
Berkeley Circuit Court case number: 11-C-953
- Suit claims Marcum & Associates owes sum for unpaid goods
- Suit claims University Physicians and Surgeons failed to pay employees in timely manner
- Morrisey, Texas AG urge feds before climate summit
- Chester mayor challenges city council bid of negligence
- Owners of modular home accuse manufacturer of negligence
- Inmate says Charleston officers used racial slurs, excess force
- Railroad worker says logging firm negligent in hiring
- Wyoming Co. miner accuses coal mines of harmful safety violations
- Winfield files petition over rejection of annexation request
- AG announces mobile office hours for December