MARTINSBURG -- A woman is suing Spanky's Lounge after a man died in a motor vehicle accident.
David W. McDaniel and Spanky's Lounge d/b/a Iffie's Sports Bar, were also named as defendants in the suit.
On May 9, Harry Lee Franks Jr. was a passenger in a car being driven by McDaniel, according to a complaint filed Nov. 9 in Berkeley Circuit Court.
Joyce F. Kees claims McDaniel was negligent in the operation of the vehicle so as to cause a single vehicle accident.
McDaniel owed Franks a duty to use due care and caution in the operation and control of his motor vehicle to drive with due care, to reasonably protect the safety, health and life and Franks and to obey the traffic laws, according to the suit.
Kees claims McDaniel was negligent in driving while intoxicated and causing injuries; failing to maintain control of his vehicle; and operating his vehicle in an aggressive manner.
Iffie's Sports Bar was negligent in serving McDaniel with alcoholic beverages, according to the suit.
Kees is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. She is being represented by Mark Jenkinson and Ronald M. Harman.
Berkeley Circuit Court case number: 11-C-953
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements