Kelly Jackson, administratrix of the Estate of Joseph W. Jackson, deceased vs. Tri-State Plating & Polishing, Inc. and Forte Staffing, Inc.
PA- Bert Ketchum; J- David M. Pancake
* On June 23, 2011, Joseph Jackson, who was employed by Forte, was working on Tri-State's property when he received an electrical shock that resulted in his death on July 9, 2011. Kelly Jackson is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-59
Pamela Blackburn, as administratrix of the Estate of Barry Blackburn vs. Philip Fisher, D.O.; Pairodocs, Inc.; and Admiral Insurance Company
PA- William M. Tiano; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On April 22, 2008, Barry Blackburn became a patient of the defendants. Pamela Blackburn claims the defendants discontinued one of his pain medications and prescribed Methadone 10mg to take three times per day. On April 24, 2008, Barry Blackburn died from the acute combined effects of Methadone and two over-the-counter ingredients that are found in cold medication, Fluoxetine and Dextromethorophan, according to the suit. Pamela Blackburn is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-65
Karen Clay and Terry Clay vs. St. Mary's Medical Center
PA- Andrew L. Paternostro, Sprague W. Hazard, Jeff D. Stewart; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On March 26, 2010, Karen Clay was admitted to St. Mary's Medical Center for a cardiac catheterization. On that day, the Clays claim Karen Clay fell while in the bathroom unattended and the following day she had x-rays taken that showed she had sustained an acute L1 compression fracture. The Clays are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-69
Joanna Sexton Figlia vs. Helen C. Killeen
PA- R. Matthew Vital; J- David M. Pancake
* On July 13, 2011, Figlia was a pedestrian in the parking lot of Kroger in Huntington when Killeen struck her with her vehicle. Figlia is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-70
Wendi Whitmore, individually and as next friend of Jarrod Varney, a minor vs. Dorothy Brown
PA- Mark F. Underwood, Jessica Y. Whitmore; J- David M. Pancake
* On May 22, 2011, Varney was a bicyclist lawfully attempting to cross the street in the 1900 block of Charleston Avenue when Brown, who was driving a 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt sedan struck him with her vehicle, causing injuries. Whitmore is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-71
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall