Donald R. and Patricia E. Burgess vs. Board of Zoning Appeals, Corporation of Shepherdstown
PA-Linda Gutsell; J-John Yoder
* Plaintiff claims they were deprived of a fair hearing over a denial of a building permit. Plaintiff claims Mayor served as member of planning commission that denied initial permit and mayor's wife served as president of BZA. Plaintiff also claims that spouse of another planning commission member was also on the BZA and that neither of these members recused themselves from a vote. Plaintiff seeks relief to be determined at trial.
Case number: 12-C-23
Winchester Medical Center vs. Beverly Johnson
PA-Christopher McCarthy J-John Yoder
* Plaintiff claims defendant owes $26,920.34 for past due credit agreement.
Case number: 12-C-34
Annie McDonald vs. The Salvation Army
PA: Laura Davis, J-John Yoder
* Plaintiff claims she suffered an on-the-job injury and defendant failed to provide Worker's Compensation forms. Plaintiff also claims defendant terminated her employment despite a physician's note to be out of work. Plaintiff claims wrongful discharge, violation of Human Rights Act. Plaintiff seeds reinstatement, back pay and other judgment to be determined at trial.
Case number: 12-C-36
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection