Freddie Russell Stevens vs. Kenny Kruk
PA – J. Michael Ranson, Cynthia Ranson, George Morrone and G. Patrick Jacobs; J – Evans
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for wrongful termination after he sustained an injury on Sept. 9, and filed a workers' compensation claim while working for Asplundh Tree Expert Co. He seeks unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 12-C-11
Gary and Flora Asleson vs. Shirley "Butch" L. Meadows, Jason B. Meadows and Justin L. Meadows
PA – Kevin L. Hughart; J - Nibert
* The plaintiffs, residents of Ravenswood, are suing the defendants for destruction of property when Jason and Justin used heavy machinery to place pipe and other materials on a portion of the Asleson's property that is adjacent to property owned by the Meadowses before it could be properly conveyed to them, and without just compensation. Along with unspecified damages, they seek an order removing the materials from the property.
Case number: 12-C-12
Rosetta Moore, individually and as executrix of the estate of Frank Moore
PA – Kevin Harris and Eric Holmes; J – Evans
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for damages he caused on Feb. 3, 2010, when he crashed his car onto Moore's property, and vehicles. She seeks unspecified damages, interest and court costs.
Case number: 12-C-16
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements
- Morrisey hails federal ruling as gun rights victory
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy
- W.Va., other AGs settle with HSBC Mortgage