Freddie Russell Stevens vs. Kenny Kruk
PA – J. Michael Ranson, Cynthia Ranson, George Morrone and G. Patrick Jacobs; J – Evans
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for wrongful termination after he sustained an injury on Sept. 9, and filed a workers' compensation claim while working for Asplundh Tree Expert Co. He seeks unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 12-C-11
Gary and Flora Asleson vs. Shirley "Butch" L. Meadows, Jason B. Meadows and Justin L. Meadows
PA – Kevin L. Hughart; J - Nibert
* The plaintiffs, residents of Ravenswood, are suing the defendants for destruction of property when Jason and Justin used heavy machinery to place pipe and other materials on a portion of the Asleson's property that is adjacent to property owned by the Meadowses before it could be properly conveyed to them, and without just compensation. Along with unspecified damages, they seek an order removing the materials from the property.
Case number: 12-C-12
Rosetta Moore, individually and as executrix of the estate of Frank Moore
PA – Kevin Harris and Eric Holmes; J – Evans
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for damages he caused on Feb. 3, 2010, when he crashed his car onto Moore's property, and vehicles. She seeks unspecified damages, interest and court costs.
Case number: 12-C-16
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit