Vanderbilt Mortgage & Finance, Inc. vs. Lorena Hicks, Debra Workman and John Doe
PA- Robert L. Bandy; J- William S Thompson
* Finance firm says Hicks defaulted her December 2002, $55,437 Manufactured Home Retail Installment Contract with Oakwood Mobile Homes, Inc. (dba Freedom Homes), which granted a security interest. Plaintiff wants immediate possession of the unit located at Gordon, with assistance of Boone County Sheriff removing residents Workman and John Doe.
Case number: 12-C-1
National Collegiate Master Student Loan Trust vs. Jessica D. Vance, aka Jessica D. Torres & Jessica D. Vance-Torres
PA- Andrew N. Frye III; J- Thompson
* Plaintiff cites Promissory Note executed August 2002 with Wharton woman and seeks judgment for more than $10,000 owed.
Case number: 12-C-2
Vanderbilt Mortgage & Finance, Inc. vs. Bethel L. Malcomb
PA- Marc B. Lazenby; J- Thompson
* Vanderbilt wants to repossess a mobile home at Danville, saying Malcomb defaulted on her June 2001 retail installment contract loan of $23,352.
Case number: 12-C-3
Vanderbilt Mortgage & Finance, Inc. vs. Justin M. Tramontano
PA- Robert L. Bandy; J- Thompson
* Complaint says Seth man owes $19,721, with accruing interest, on his June 2010 Manufactured Home Retail Installment Contract of $50,172. Tramontano has failed to make payments and Vanderbilt seeks immediate possession of the Fleetwood unit.
Case number: 12-C-4
Mark & Teresa McNeely vs. Mine Safety Appliances Co., Inc.; Persinger Supply Co., Raleigh Mine & Industrial Supply Co., Eastern States Mine Supply Co.
PA- G. Todd Houck; J Thompson
* A 30-year coal miner residing at Peach Creek, McNeely claims respirators manufactured by MSA "leaked substantial amounts of harmful dust into his breathing zone," which led to "black lung" disease. His product liability suit says the other defendants distributed, supplied and sold MSA respirators which had hidden defects. Wife Teresa charges, "Loss of Consortium" resulting from McNeely's condition. Couple demands jury judgment, jointly and severally, for compensatory damages, punitive damages against only MSA, litigation costs, pre- and post-judgment interest, and all further relief to which they're entitled.
Case number: 12-C-6
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note