James F. Cummings, Frances Cummings vs. Sand Castle Properties Inc. and Richard A. McComb
PA-Dale Buck; J-Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims violation of the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act. Seeks costs and other damages to be determined by jury.
Case number: 12-C-110
Thomas F. Poston vs. Elite Ins. Svcs. LLC c/o Erie
PA-Pro Se; J-Gina Groh
* Plaintiff alleges a crack in the sidewalk caused him to fall resulting in personal injury. He is seeking $900,000 in medical bills and pain and suffering costs.
Case number: 12-C-112
Dennis T. Hamby vs. General Motors Corp. and N5-608 Caperton, WV LLC
PA-David B. Jackson; J-Gray Silver, III
* Plainitiff claims that on or about Feb. 18, 2010, he fell on ice at the property of defendant resulting in personal injury. Plaintiff seeks damages of $300,000.
Case number: 12-C-114
Branch Banking & Trust Company vs. Ryan B. Swartz
PA: Christopher R. Moore; J-Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims defendant owes at least $38,935.82 for past due credit agreement.
Case number: 12-C-116
Marie Ottaviano, as Next Friend and Legal Guardian of Alexandria Ottaviano, a minor vs. John Anthony Ottaviano
PA: Paul G. Taylor; J: Gray Silver, III
* Plaintiff claims on or about Nov. 20, 2010, defendant was in argument with his son, Mark Ottaviano, father of the minor child. Defendant backed his car out of garage, struck Mark Ottaviano, dragging him more than 75 feet, resulting in his death. Plaintiff claims negligence on the part of defendant in that minor child is denied financial support, society, consortium of deceased father. Plaintiff seeks damages and costs, punitive damages and any other award to be considered at trial.
Case number: 12-C-117
- WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- Neely: Delaware newspaper suit simply 'about money'
- W.Va. Medical Institute sues over claims that a merger caused breach of contract
- Kanawha Co. man accuses former employer of age discrimination
- Worker sues former employer, alleging wrongful termination
- AG seeks subpoena against Jackson Co. door-to-door meat seller
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Charleston woman blames Elder-Beerman for injuries from falling in store
- Woman blames Kmart for slip-and-fall injury over floor mat at store
- Charleston man says he was injured in apartment ceiling collapse