WAYNE -- A Fort Gay man is suing House-Hasson Hardware for a head injury he sustained while working.
House-Hasson Hardware Company - Persinger Division, Inc. and John Does 1 through 15 were also named as defendants in the suit.
On June 23, 2010, Andy Clark was working for the defendants and was helping to load pallets above his head when he suffered a heady injury, according to a complaint filed March 29 in Wayne Circuit Court.
Clark claims the defendants failed to adhere to safety regulations and caused him to sustain a depressed skull fracture, which protruded 1 centimeter to 1.5 centimeters below the inner table of the skull.
While Clark was helping to load the pallets above his head, he suffered the head injury when a metal rod that was used to support pallets fell and struck him, according to the suit.
Clark claims he has continued to suffer disabling headaches and mood alterations, including depression.
The defendant had actual knowledge of the existence of the unsafe working condition and the high degree of risk of string probability of serious injury and failed to fix the unsafe working condition, according to the suit.
Clark is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-judgment interest. He is being represented by J. Patrick L. Stephens and Mark F. Underwood.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge James H. Young Jr.
Wayne Circuit Court case number: 12-C-081
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan