Andrew S. Barkowski vs. ASC Enterprises, LLC d/b/a Elite Sports Center
PA – Patrick E. McFarland; J – Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries he sustained on Feb. 21, 2010, while playing soccer inside the defendant's facility. In the course of the game, he was knocked off balance by an opposing team's player, fell onto a hardwood floor and broke his right clavicle. He seeks unspecified damages including $2,980 in medical expenses, interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 12-C-70
Westbanco Bank, Inc. vs. Casto Resources, LLC and Donald E. Casto Jr.
PA – Robert W. Full; J – Waters
* The plaintiff is suing a St. Marys business and its owner for defaulting on an $81,413.20 loan given to them Oct. 31, 2008. It seeks judgment for the outstanding balance of $38,530.85, accrued interest of $13, 826.18, a $1,834.49 late charge, court costs, attorney fees and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-72
- WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- Neely: Delaware newspaper suit simply 'about money'
- W.Va. Medical Institute sues over claims that a merger caused breach of contract
- Kanawha Co. man accuses former employer of age discrimination
- Worker sues former employer, alleging wrongful termination
- AG seeks subpoena against Jackson Co. door-to-door meat seller
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Charleston woman blames Elder-Beerman for injuries from falling in store
- Woman blames Kmart for slip-and-fall injury over floor mat at store
- Charleston man says he was injured in apartment ceiling collapse