CHARLESTON -- A woman is suing Genesis Healthcare after she claims it negligently cared for her family member.
Genesis Healthcare, LLC; Joseph Triana; John Does 1 through 10; and Unidentified Entities 1 through 10 (as to Cedar Ridge Center) were also named as defendants in the suit.
Kathleen Holcomb was a resident of the defendants from Jan. 18, 2011, until her death on June 25, 2011, according to a complaint filed April 9 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Cheryl Holcomb claims the defendants' wrongful actions caused Kathleen Holcomb's health and physical condition to deteriorate beyond that caused by the normal aging process and resulted in physical and emotional trauma, including infections, sepsis, pressure sores, dehydration and ultimately, her death.
The defendants breached their duty of care by failing to properly manage, operate and/or control their nursing homes, according to the suit.
Cheryl Holcomb is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. She is being represented by James B. McHugh, Michael J. Fuller Jr. and D. Bryant Chaffin.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Louis H. Bloom.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-621
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall