Sharon Austin vs. Hagerstown Goodwill Industries, Inc. operating under the trade name of Horizon Goodwill Industries, a Maryland Company
PA-Paul G. Taylor; J-Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims on or about Dec. 1, 2010 when she was a customer at the Goodwill store, she slipped and fell where there was an excessive build up of water that was not marked. Plaintiff seeks an amount to be determined in compensation for injuries.
Case number: 12-C-299
Charles L. Unger vs. Capital One Bank (USA) NA
PA-Garry Geffert; J-Gray Silver, III
* Plaintiff claims violation of the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act. Plaintiff seeks up to $74,999.99.
Case number: 12-C-300
Mid Atlantic Farm Credit ACA as successor in interest to Valley Farm Credit ACA vs. Christopher B. Schultz and Charles C. Schultz.
PA-Jason P. Foster; J-John Yoder
* Plaintiff claims breach of contract and seeks payment of $3,236,817.70 for past due account.
Case number: 12-C-301
Lynn E. Leatherman, II vs. Michael Spaulding and Jordan Crilly
PA: Laura V. Faircloth; J-Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims on or about April 17, 2010, defendants were guests at plaintiff's property in a garage. Defendant Spaulding allegedly was carrying a military-style knife described as a deadly weapon. Allegedly Spaulding gave the knife to Crilly who then negligently cut the plaintiff causing significant damage. Plaintiff seeks medical costs in excess of $75,000 and additional damages to be determined.
Case number: 12-C-311
Winchester Medical Center vs. Steven Darlington
PA: Daniel T. Booth; J: Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims defendant owes $27,242.15 for past due credit agreement.
Case number: 12-C-317
Kenneth Brown Construction Inc. vs. Stacey Mansell
PA: Peter A. Pentony; J: Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims defendant embezzled $215,150.27. Plaintiff seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-326
Dorothy A. McDermott vs. SHC Promotions Inc., formerly K-Mart, also formerly K-Mart Promotions LLC
PA: Robert Barrat; J: John Yoder
* Plainitff claims she fell due a foreign substance and sustained injury to her right knee, shoulder and back. Plaintiff seeks damages for medical costs and other amounts to be determined at trial.
Case number: 12-C-328
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall