Sharon Austin vs. Hagerstown Goodwill Industries, Inc. operating under the trade name of Horizon Goodwill Industries, a Maryland Company
PA-Paul G. Taylor; J-Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims on or about Dec. 1, 2010 when she was a customer at the Goodwill store, she slipped and fell where there was an excessive build up of water that was not marked. Plaintiff seeks an amount to be determined in compensation for injuries.
Case number: 12-C-299
Charles L. Unger vs. Capital One Bank (USA) NA
PA-Garry Geffert; J-Gray Silver, III
* Plaintiff claims violation of the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act. Plaintiff seeks up to $74,999.99.
Case number: 12-C-300
Mid Atlantic Farm Credit ACA as successor in interest to Valley Farm Credit ACA vs. Christopher B. Schultz and Charles C. Schultz.
PA-Jason P. Foster; J-John Yoder
* Plaintiff claims breach of contract and seeks payment of $3,236,817.70 for past due account.
Case number: 12-C-301
Lynn E. Leatherman, II vs. Michael Spaulding and Jordan Crilly
PA: Laura V. Faircloth; J-Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims on or about April 17, 2010, defendants were guests at plaintiff's property in a garage. Defendant Spaulding allegedly was carrying a military-style knife described as a deadly weapon. Allegedly Spaulding gave the knife to Crilly who then negligently cut the plaintiff causing significant damage. Plaintiff seeks medical costs in excess of $75,000 and additional damages to be determined.
Case number: 12-C-311
Winchester Medical Center vs. Steven Darlington
PA: Daniel T. Booth; J: Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims defendant owes $27,242.15 for past due credit agreement.
Case number: 12-C-317
Kenneth Brown Construction Inc. vs. Stacey Mansell
PA: Peter A. Pentony; J: Christopher Wilkes
* Plaintiff claims defendant embezzled $215,150.27. Plaintiff seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-326
Dorothy A. McDermott vs. SHC Promotions Inc., formerly K-Mart, also formerly K-Mart Promotions LLC
PA: Robert Barrat; J: John Yoder
* Plainitff claims she fell due a foreign substance and sustained injury to her right knee, shoulder and back. Plaintiff seeks damages for medical costs and other amounts to be determined at trial.
Case number: 12-C-328
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit