Earl Khosrovi vs. the Wood County Commission, the city of Parkersburg, the Wood County Development Authority and the Downtown Development Task Force
PA – Ethan Vessels; J – Reed
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident, is suing the defendants for injuries he sustained on Sept. 17, 2011 when he tripped and fell on a parking stop during the "Taste of Parkersburg" event. He seeks unspecified damages.
Case number: 12-C-160
Jeffery James Blankenship v. Richard A. Bush
PA- pro se; J – Beane
* The plaintiff, a Vienna resident, is suing the defendant, a Parkersburg attorney, for legal malpractice in preparing a prenuptial agreement, and representing Blankenship in a divorce in 2010. He seeks unspecified damages.
Case number: 12-C-172
Virgiline Giboney vs. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
PA- James R. Leach; J – Beane
* The plaintiff, a Williamstown resident, is suing the defendant, a Bentonville, Ark.-based business, for injuries she sustained on July 9, 2010, after she fell off a bicycle she purchased at the defendant's Marietta, Ohio, location that was assembled by a Wal-Mart employee. She seeks unspecified damages.
Case number: 12-C-178
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note