Earl Khosrovi vs. the Wood County Commission, the city of Parkersburg, the Wood County Development Authority and the Downtown Development Task Force
PA – Ethan Vessels; J – Reed
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident, is suing the defendants for injuries he sustained on Sept. 17, 2011 when he tripped and fell on a parking stop during the "Taste of Parkersburg" event. He seeks unspecified damages.
Case number: 12-C-160
Jeffery James Blankenship v. Richard A. Bush
PA- pro se; J – Beane
* The plaintiff, a Vienna resident, is suing the defendant, a Parkersburg attorney, for legal malpractice in preparing a prenuptial agreement, and representing Blankenship in a divorce in 2010. He seeks unspecified damages.
Case number: 12-C-172
Virgiline Giboney vs. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
PA- James R. Leach; J – Beane
* The plaintiff, a Williamstown resident, is suing the defendant, a Bentonville, Ark.-based business, for injuries she sustained on July 9, 2010, after she fell off a bicycle she purchased at the defendant's Marietta, Ohio, location that was assembled by a Wal-Mart employee. She seeks unspecified damages.
Case number: 12-C-178
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection