MORGANTOWN -- A couple is suing a physician after they claim he failed to adequately treat their daughter and in doing so, is responsible for her death.
Health South Mountain View Regional Rehabilitation Hospital and West Virginia Rehabilitation Hospital, Inc. were also named as defendants in the suit.
Following the removal of a brain tumor, Brittany McCray was a patient of Dr. Russell Biundo and the rehabilitation hospitals, according to a complaint filed April 27 in Monongalia Circuit Court.
Danny McCray Jr. and Darletta McCray, Brittany McCray's parents, claim the defendants were negligent in treating their daughter by allowing her to sustain physical injuries and dramatically shortening her life expectancy.
The defendants were negligent in failing to provide medical care, skilled observation and assessment of the appearance and healing of Brittany McCray's surgical wounds and her functional status, according to the suit.
The McCrays claim the defendants also caused their daughter suffered from permanent physical injuries, including bilateral visual defects, double vision and occasional blinks, incontinence, no purposeful movement of her extremities and serious neurological deficits.
Brittany McCray died on April 6, according to the suit.
The McCrays claim their daughter suffered an impaired capacity to enjoy life after the tumor was removed and prior to her death.
The defendants also caused the McCrays to suffer a loss of consortium due to the death of their daughter, according to the suit.
The McCrays are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. They are being represented by Scott Curnutte and Phillip S. Isner.
Monongalia Circuit Court case number: 12-C-295
- Humphreys' firm hit with another legal malpractice claim
- Jackson County residents sue state in roadway dispute
- Pennsylvania man sues developer, alleging breach of agreement
- Woman sues Nitro to stop city from assessing property fees
- Kanawha Co. woman sues after fall on sidewak at St. Francis
- Fayette Co. woman blames Kmart in slip-and-fall suit
- UPDATE: WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- AG's office files diesel engine lawsuit against VW
- Robin Davis is a conflict of interest
- New prevailing wage rates, same old problems