CIVIL FILINGS: Putnam County
Chris Dickerson May. 18, 2012, 2:25am
Paul Gibson and Kara Gibson vs. Midway Ford Inc.
PA-Michael S. Kinneer; J-Spaulding
* The plaintiffs, who live in Barboursville, say Midway sold them a 2004 Ford F250 Super Duty Truck in 2008 that had been wrecked before their purchase. In fact, the complaint says the vehicle had been identified as a "total loss" in June 2005. They didn't learn of the previous wreck until they attempted to trade it in in November 2010. They seek compensatory damages, punitive damages, pre- and post-judgment interest, attorney fees, court costs and other relief.
Case number: 12-C-143
Mark White and Pamela Smith (now White) vs. Caitlin White
PA-Herbert L. Hively II; J-Spaulding
* The plaintiffs, who live in Scott Depot, say Pamela White co-signed a student loan for the defendant in May 2007 for $25,000. They say Caitlin White, who lives in Buffalo, has made no payments on the loan and refuses to reimburse the plaintiffs for their payments on the loan. In January 2010, the plaintiffs borrowed $32,000 against their property. They seek $25,000, pre- and post-judgment interest, court costs, attorney fees and other relief.
Case number: 12-C-146
Christopher K. Smith vs. CAMC Teays Valley Inc. and Charleston Area Medical Center Inc.
PA-pro se; J-Stowers
* The plaintiff, who lives in Huntington, says he presented himself to the emergency room at CAMC Teays Valley on May 13, 2010, with possible gall bladder issues. But he says he had a reaction to a "sweet 'chemical' type smell" emanating from his exam room likely caused by stripper/floor wax called Pro-Strip, which contains Xylene. He seeks compensatory damages, punitive damages and other relief.
Case number: 12-C-148
Cummins Crosspoint LLC vs. Frasure Creek Mining
PA-Patrick F. Roche; J-Stowers
* Cummins says that in 2002, the parties entered into a written agreement where Cummins would sell goods and services to Frasure Creek Mining on credit. From Nov. 22, 2011, to Feb. 13, 2012, Cummins says it sold goods and services totaling $144,130.79 to the mine and hasn't been paid. It seeks that amount plus pre-judgment interest as well as attorney fees, court costs and other relief.
Case number: 12-C-150
Noble & Family Painting LLC vs. Lot Four Corp.
PA-Jon D. Hoover; J-Stowers
* The Ohio-based plaintiffs says that in 2007, the parties agreed to have the plaintiff paint and stain all exterior and interior masonry, wood trim, doors and gutters in the Rosehill and Windmere subdivisions in Scott Depot. The defendant agreed to pay $15,970. The defendant has paid $6,000, but still allegedly owes &9,970. It seeks that amount as well as pre- and post-judgment interest, punitive damages, court costs, attorney fees and other relief.
Case number: 12-C-152