Gina M. Eads vs. the estate of Richard D. Gaylor, Jr., and the estate of Grace M. Thornton, by and through David Anthony II, in his capacity as administrator of the estates, and Paul E. Watterson, Troy Huffman and Scott Simms, personally, and in their capacity as former sheriffs of Mason County
PA – J. Robert Leslie; J – Nibert
* The plaintiff, a Leon resident, is suing the defendants for improperly transferring funds and personal property to Gaylor, her father, prior to his death in 2008, from the estate of Thornton, her grandmother, following her death in 1988. She seeks damages to include the value of money and personal property as specified in Thornton's last will and testament, plus attorneys fees and court costs.
Case number: 12-C-51
Michelle Thomas vs. Ohio Valley Supermarkets, Inc. d/b/a Foodland
PA- William L. Mundy; J – Nibert
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries she sustained on May 10, 2010, at its Point Pleasant location after she slipped and fell on an unknown substance. She seeks unspecified damages, attorneys fees and interest.
Case number: 12-C-64
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit