Adam Cross, by and through his mother, Lisa Watson, and Lisa Watson, individually vs. the Wood County Board of Education and Dwain Sponseller
PA- James R. Leach; J –Reed
* The plaintiffs, a Parkersburg woman, and her son, are suing the defendants, for injuries Adam received on Oct. 20, 2010, in the course of a fight with a fellow student at Parkersburg South High School during and after football practice in which Sponseller, an assistant coach, was aware of and failed to stop. They seek unspecified damages, court costs and attorneys fees.
Case number: 12-C-186
Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 79 Inc. and Chris Morehead vs. the city of Parkersburg, Mayor Robert Newell and Chief of Police Joseph Martin
PA – John E. Triplett; J – Beane
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for breach of contract when the city beginning in July 2010 failed to pay police officers longevity increases as specified in the contract they reached the year before. Along with unspecified damages, attorneys fees and interest, the plaintiffs seek an order certifying the lawsuit as class-action status on behalf of all Parkersburg Police officers who are FOP members.
Case number: 12-C-188
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection