Carl Eugene Westbrook vs. Noah John Westbrook and Westbrook Drive-In Theatre Inc.
PA – Robert L. Bays; J – Reed
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident, is petitioning the court for dissolution of the Theatre, known as the Jungle Drive-In Theatre on Old St. Marys Pike, due to management differences with Noah that include him paying employees in cash and failing to remit Carl rental income since the death of their mother, Nellie, the co-founder, on Nov. 11, 2001. Along with dissolution, Carl seeks half of any rental income since 2001, $25,000 in compensatory damages, unspecified punitive damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 12-C-189
Margaret H. Lynch vs. William John Drury, M.D. and Orthopedic Hospitalists of Parkersburg, Inc.
PA – J. Michael Benniger; J- Beane
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident is suing the defendants for malpractice following complications from surgery on Feb. 18, 2010 to help fix a fractured hip. She seeks unspecified damages, interest, attorneys fees and court costs.
Case number: 12-C-194
- Humphreys' firm hit with another legal malpractice claim
- Jackson County residents sue state in roadway dispute
- Pennsylvania man sues developer, alleging breach of agreement
- Woman sues Nitro to stop city from assessing property fees
- Kanawha Co. woman sues after fall on sidewak at St. Francis
- Fayette Co. woman blames Kmart in slip-and-fall suit
- UPDATE: WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- AG's office files diesel engine lawsuit against VW
- Robin Davis is a conflict of interest
- New prevailing wage rates, same old problems