Carl Eugene Westbrook vs. Noah John Westbrook and Westbrook Drive-In Theatre Inc.
PA – Robert L. Bays; J – Reed
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident, is petitioning the court for dissolution of the Theatre, known as the Jungle Drive-In Theatre on Old St. Marys Pike, due to management differences with Noah that include him paying employees in cash and failing to remit Carl rental income since the death of their mother, Nellie, the co-founder, on Nov. 11, 2001. Along with dissolution, Carl seeks half of any rental income since 2001, $25,000 in compensatory damages, unspecified punitive damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 12-C-189
Margaret H. Lynch vs. William John Drury, M.D. and Orthopedic Hospitalists of Parkersburg, Inc.
PA – J. Michael Benniger; J- Beane
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident is suing the defendants for malpractice following complications from surgery on Feb. 18, 2010 to help fix a fractured hip. She seeks unspecified damages, interest, attorneys fees and court costs.
Case number: 12-C-194
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published