CIVIL FILINGS: Marshall County
Denise Simpson May. 25, 2012, 2:10am
Rhonda Schultz vs. Chelsea Ebbert
PA- Daniel M. Balgo; J- Karl
* This action for negligence arose from an automobile crash on April 29, 2010. As a result of defendant's failure to maintain his vehicle Schultz was struck on Route 88. She sustained bodily injuries and seeks a judgment for damages sustained is sought.
Case number: 12-C-81
Patricia S. Hoskins and Mary Jako; Clarence Rulong; William R. and Linda L. Standiford and Lewis A. and Cathy Aston vs. AB Resources, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company
PA- Jonathan E. Turak; Eric Gordon; Daniel J. Guida; J- Hummel
* Plaintiffs bring this lawsuit on behalf of those persons similarly situated in various counties throughout the State of Virginia. The class period is from Jan. 1, 2010 to date. Plaintiffs are owners of oil and gas leases containing improper deductions. Punitive and compensatory damages are sought for this unjust enrichment.
Case number: 12-C-84
David W. Schrack vs. Range Resources- Appalachia, formerly f/k/a Great Lakes Energy Partners, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, et al.
PA- Daniel J. Guida; Jonathan E. Turak; J- Hummel
* Defendant's concealment; failure to disclose resulted in many landowners entering into oil and gas leases in which they received far less than the fair market value and a delay in rental payments. It is further claimed that defendants unjustly notarized signatures when they had a qualifying interest in said documents. Plaintiff seeks a declaration of duties and obligations of the parties under the multiple documents and the Lease, dated Jan. 17, 2009, be declared null and void. A trial by jury is demanded.
Case number: 12-C-86
Joseph L. Crow, Jr. vs. William L. Hubbard; Bonnie Zelic; Bradley L. Hubbard, and John Paul Smith, Jr.
PA- Joseph L. Crow, Jr.; J- Hummel
* About July 1, 2008, Plaintiff purchased real estate in the Franklin District. A property line dispute occurred between the parties in regard to the intersection of their shared property. Defendants have refused to move the camper that was placed on plaintiff's property. As a direct result, plaintiff demands compensatory damages for his losses. Plaintiff seeks damages in an amount to be determined by jury.
Case number: 12-C-87
Melanie Madden vs. Marshall County Public Service District #4; Mark Fitzsimmons; Donna Crawford and George Lagos
PA- David A. Jividen; J- Karl
* On May 2, 2011, the defendants, by and through a telephone call from George Lagos, informed Madden, that her position with Marshall County had been eliminated. She believes her position had been eliminated in retaliation of her making good faith reports of wrong doing or waste to defendants. Injunctive relief in the form of the reinstatement of her position is demanded.
Case number: 12-C-90
Walter A. Streight, and Autumn Lynn Streight and David Alvie Streight, by their next friend and guardian, Walter A. Streight vs. Appalachian Railcar Services, Inc., and Ohio Power Company, and American Electric Power Service Corporation; Wheeling Power Company d/b/a AEP Ohio
PA- Kathleen J. Fantazzi; Jonathan E. Turak; J- Humel
* Plaintiff Walter Streight was employed by Appalachian Railcar, as a welder supervisor for the past eight years and was assigned to work exclusively at the Mitchell Plant. On May 6, 2010, Streight was assigned to unload a flat bed tractor carrying a load of coal car wheel sets. While performing this task the forklift caught plaintiff's left heal, ran over and crushed it. Streight has required multiple surgeries and will require additional surgeries in the future
Case number: 12-C-91
Russell w. Strope, Craig Strope and Donna Strope vs. Range Resources - Appalachia, LLC, f/k/a Great Lakes Energy Partners, et al.
PA- Daniel J. Guida; Jonathan E. Turak; J- Carl
* The defendants, in concert with each other, have engaged in lease negotiations with plaintiff in regard to oil and gas leases. Legitimate controversy exists requiring a judicial declaration of legal obligations.
Case number: 12-C-92
Estate of Roger M. Crow, deceased, Patricia L. Crow, Renee Crow Barker and David Barker vs. Range Resources - Appalachia, LLC, f/k/a Great Lakes Energy Partners, et al
PA- Jonathan E. Turak; Daniel J. Guida; J- Hummel
* The Estate owns 164 acres of real property and successor in interest to the oil and gas rights hereunder. The result of recent technological development of drilling methods enables the gas companies to cost effectively drill deep shall. A controversy exists requiring a judicial declaration that the Lease should be declared null and void.
Case number: 12-C-93