Angela Jacobs-Ferris vs. Champion Window Company of Charleston LLC, Champion Windows Manufacturing Inc., Champion Retail Co. LLC, Champion Window Manufacturing & Supply Co. LLC and Champion Opco LLC
PA-Maria W. Hughes and Mark Goldner; J-Spaulding
* The plaintiff says she was a victim of gender discrimination. She seeks compensatory damages for lost wages and benefits, emotional distress, humiliation and mental anguish and other damages. She also seeks punitive damages, attorney fees and other relief.
Case number: 12-C-158
Jane Ann Cartwright vs. CHM Homes Inc., Clayton Homes and Steve Franson
PA-Thomas H. Peyton; J-Stowers
* Cartwright was looking at home at Clayton Homes on Oct. 16, 2010, when she says she fell on makeshift steps into a manufactured home when the cinderblocks shifted and broke, causing her to suffer a compound fracture of her ankle. She seeks damages for past and future pain and suffering, past and future loss of enjoyment of life, past and future emotional distress, permanent scars and disfigurement, past and future medical expenses, past and future aggravation annoyance and inconvenience as well as attorney fees and court costs. She also seeks pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-161
Arthur D. Hage vs. The Honorable William H. Watkins III, Family Law Judge, and Lillian C. Hage
PA-Pro se; J-Stowers
* The plaintiff asks the Court to compel Family Court to appoint him legal counsel in response to a violation of a Domestic Violence Protective Order.
Case number: 12-C-162
Mark V. Halburn vs. Michael J. Kelly, Family Law Judge, and Dolores J. Halburn
PA-Pro se; J-Stowers
* The plaintiff, who lives in Gallivants Ferry, S.C., alleges that an order written by Kelly contained "a number of critical errors." He seeks a hearing to vacate Kelly's temporary orders, remove him from the case and remove him from the bench as well as financial sanctions for damages. He also asks the Court to appoint legal counsel to represent him in the divorce case. He also seeks filing fees and legal fees be paid by Dolores Halburn. He also asks that attorney Henry Glass be sanctioned $10 million to be paid to him for repeated false statements in court as well as be permanently disbarred and banned from practicing law in West Virginia. He also asks the Court to rule that documents be emailed in the case and any other case in West Virginia. He also wants the $2 fax fee to be vacated. He also asks that Putnam Circuit Clerk Ronnie Matthews be ordered to take a technology class.
Case number: 12-C-163
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note