Stephen M. Patterson vs. Universal Federal Credit Union and CUNA Mutual Insurance Society a/k/a CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. a/k/a CUNA Mutual Insurance Agency, Inc. d/b/a CUNA Mutual Insurance Group
PA – Matthew L. Clark and William Mundy J – Nibert
* The plaintiff, a Point Pleasant resident, is suing the defendants for breach of contract for failing to pay on a single credit disability insurance policy he purchased as part of a $5,000 he received from the defendants on Dec. 10, 2010. They denied his claim following Patterson's involvement in automobile accident on Feb. 24, 2011. He seeks unspecified damages and attorneys fees.
Case number: 12-C-67
21st Mortgage Corp. vs. Eric McCallister
PA – Lora A. Dyer; J – Nibert
* The plaintiff, a Knoxville, Tenn. business is suing the defendant, a Gallipolis Ferry resident, for breach of contract after defaulting on an installment contract extended to him on March 1, 2010 for $105,837.60 to purchase a 2003 Norris Manufactured Home. They are asking McCallister surrender the home to pay of the remaining balance of $42,695.76.
Case number: 12-C-71
Terry M. and Kelly Henry vs. Felman Production, Inc.
PA – Matthew L. Clark and Bradley H. Layne; J – Nibert
* The plaintiffs, residents of New Haven, are suing the defendant, a Delaware business, for exposure to unsafe levels of manganese fumes Terry was exposed to while working as a casing welder at Felman's New Haven location from Dec. 2010 until Aug. 2011 which forced him to take leave due to chronic headaches. Kelly makes a claim for loss of consortium. They seek unspecified damages.
Case number: 12- C-73
- WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- Neely: Delaware newspaper suit simply 'about money'
- W.Va. Medical Institute sues over claims that a merger caused breach of contract
- Kanawha Co. man accuses former employer of age discrimination
- Worker sues former employer, alleging wrongful termination
- AG seeks subpoena against Jackson Co. door-to-door meat seller
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Charleston woman blames Elder-Beerman for injuries from falling in store
- Woman blames Kmart for slip-and-fall injury over floor mat at store
- Charleston man says he was injured in apartment ceiling collapse