Anil J. Patel, Nila A. Patel, Sheel A. Patel and Neil A. Patel vs. United Bank, Inc., Jane T. Sargent, Hartford Life and Annuity Insurance Company, Ohio National Life Assurance Company and William E. Hess
PA – Paul T. Farrell, Jr.; J – Beane
* The plaintiffs, residents of Vienna, are suing the defendants for breach of fiduciary trust when Sargent -- a vice-president, regional manager and senior wealth advisor with United -- deceived Anil and Nila into switching several polices in their children's trust fund from Ohio National to Hartford. They seek unspecified damages, interest, attorneys fees and court costs.
Case number: 12-C-212
C. Brian Davis vs. Mid-Ohio Valley Medical Group, Inc. and Judy L. Booth
PA – Robert T. and David M. Goldenberg; J – Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for failing to take a proper urine sample on May 24, 2011, which led to a false positive result in which they reported to the local Ironworkers Union that resulted in Davis being prohibited from working with Grae-Con Construction at the Pleasants Power Station in Belmont. He seeks unspecified damages, attorneys fees and interest.
Case number: 12-C-219
April Gunnoe Murray and Ashley Gunnoe vs. Joan P. Snider, as the executrix of the estate of Thomas Clinton, deceased
PA –Leslie L. Maze; J – Waters
* The plaintiffs, Clinton's maternal granddaughters, are petitioning the court to order Snider to complete the final settlement of Clinton's estate so as to grant them their share of the proceeds of his money market account less expenses of administering the estate. In addition to the court order, they seek recovery of attorneys fees.
Case number: 12-C-226
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection