Ihtisham Choudhry vs. Board of Governors of Marshall University
PA- Scott H. Kaminski; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Choudhry was employed by the defendant as a cardiology fellow. He claims the defendant unlawfully terminated his clinical duties under his employment contract. Choudhry claims the defendant's actions violate the West Virginia Human Rights Act. He is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-362
Mary R. Shepherd vs. Waseem Shora, M.D.
PA- Frank M. Armada; J- David M. Pancake
* On March 6, 2010, Shora admitted Shepherd to Cabell Huntington Hospital to undergo a diagnostic colonoscopy. Shepherd claims Shora negligently performed the procedure and caused her to sustain a perforation of her transverse colon. Shepherd is seeking compensatory damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-366
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection