CHARLESTON -- A Wyoming County man is suing a physician he claims is responsible for his wife's death.
Southeastern Emergency Physicians, Inc. d/b/a Team Health, Inc. and TeamHealth MidSouth were also named as defendants in the suit.
On May 28, 2010, Marcia D. Morgan presented to Dr. Cordell Honrado with symptoms and complaints that required medical investigations, diagnosis and referral to a surgeon for appropriate treatment, according to a complaint filed May 25 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Steven W. Morgan claims the defendants failed to accurately diagnose Marcia Morgan and discharged her from the emergency department.
Based upon Marcia Morgan's symptoms, complaints and medical condition, Honrado should have developed a treatment plan for her that should have included additional medical testing and radiologic imaging, a surgical consultation and admission to the hospital, according to the suit.
Steven Morgan claims a bowel obstruction should have been within Honrado's differential diagnosis for Marcia Morgan.
As a result of Honrado's failure to perform an appropriate medical investigation, Marcia Morgan suffered gangrenous bowel and significant complications which resulted in bilateral above-knee amputations, an extended hospitalization, extreme pain and suffering and eventually her death on July 28, 2010, according to the suit.
Steven Morgan claims the defendants were negligent and breached their standard of care.
The defendants' actions also caused Marcia Morgan to suffer severe and debilitating injuries and her death, according to the suit.
Steven Morgan is seeking compensatory damages. He is being represented by Tony L. O'Dell and Cheryl A. Fisher.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Jennifer Bailey.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-972
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age
- Former DHHR employee alleges wrongful termination despite approved medical leave
- Kanawha Co. physician sues, alleging his partners forced him out of shares of Day Surgery LLC
- Humphreys' firm hit with another legal malpractice claim