CHARLESTON -- A Wyoming County man is suing a physician he claims is responsible for his wife's death.
Southeastern Emergency Physicians, Inc. d/b/a Team Health, Inc. and TeamHealth MidSouth were also named as defendants in the suit.
On May 28, 2010, Marcia D. Morgan presented to Dr. Cordell Honrado with symptoms and complaints that required medical investigations, diagnosis and referral to a surgeon for appropriate treatment, according to a complaint filed May 25 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Steven W. Morgan claims the defendants failed to accurately diagnose Marcia Morgan and discharged her from the emergency department.
Based upon Marcia Morgan's symptoms, complaints and medical condition, Honrado should have developed a treatment plan for her that should have included additional medical testing and radiologic imaging, a surgical consultation and admission to the hospital, according to the suit.
Steven Morgan claims a bowel obstruction should have been within Honrado's differential diagnosis for Marcia Morgan.
As a result of Honrado's failure to perform an appropriate medical investigation, Marcia Morgan suffered gangrenous bowel and significant complications which resulted in bilateral above-knee amputations, an extended hospitalization, extreme pain and suffering and eventually her death on July 28, 2010, according to the suit.
Steven Morgan claims the defendants were negligent and breached their standard of care.
The defendants' actions also caused Marcia Morgan to suffer severe and debilitating injuries and her death, according to the suit.
Steven Morgan is seeking compensatory damages. He is being represented by Tony L. O'Dell and Cheryl A. Fisher.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Jennifer Bailey.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-972
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan