CHARLESTON -– The law firm Spilman Thomas & Battle recently announced that 28 of its attorneys were recognized by 2012 Super Lawyers.
The objective of the Super Lawyers selection process is to create a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys from more than 70 practice areas that can be used as a resource to assist attorneys and consumers in the search for legal counsel.
Polling, research and selection are performed by Law & Politics, a publication of Key Professional Media, Inc. Methodology includes a statewide nomination process, peer review by practice area and independent research.
After receiving excellent reviews, the following Spilman attorneys were named to the Super Lawyers list for their respective fields:
* Paul M. Black: Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
* M. Ann Bradley: Environmental
* Samuel M. Brock III: Employment & Labor
* Kevin L. Carr: Employment & Labor
* James S. Crockett Jr.: Business Litigation
* William M. Herlihy: Energy & Natural Resources
* Elliot G. Hicks: General Litigation
* Eric W. Iskra: Employment & Labor
* Bruce M. Jacobs: Business Litigation
* Eric E. Kinder: Employment & Labor
* Clifford F. Kinney Jr.: Class Action/Mass Torts
* Neva G. Lusk: Civil Litigation Defense
* Joyce F. Ofsa: Real Estate
* Don C.A. Parker: Insurance Coverage
* Niall A. Paul: Class Actions/Mass Torts
* Sharon L. Potter: General Litigation
* King F. Tower: Employment & Labor
* James A. Walls: Business Litigation
* Charles L. Woody: Employment & Labor
Additionally, the following Spilman attorneys were named to the 2012 Super Lawyers Rising Stars list in their respective fields:
* R. Christopher Anderson: Energy & Natural Resources
* Alyesha P. Asghar: Employment & Labor
* Angela L. Beblo: Consumer Law
* Amy King Condaras: Bonds/Government Finance
* Kelly B. Griffith: General Litigation
* Grant P.H. Shuman: General Litigation
* Ellen J. Vance: Employment & Labor
* Joanne M. Vella Kirby: General Litigation
* Richard M. Wallace: Employment & Labor
Spilman Thomas & Battle is a full-service law firm with more than 140 attorneys. Founded in 1864, Spilman has offices in Charleston, Morgantown and Wheeling, W.Va.; Harrisburg and Pittsburgh, Pa.; Winston-Salem, N.C.; and Roanoke, Va.
For more information, visit www.spilmanlaw.com.
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit