CHARLESTON -- Paul Casket Company is suing Cooke Funeral Home, Inc., after it claims the funeral home failed to pay more than $30,000 for goods and services provided.
Cooke & Pauley Funeral Home, Inc. was also named as a defendant in the suit.
Paul Casket Company provided the defendants with goods and/or services in the amount of $31,837.69, according to a complaint filed June 5 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
The company claims the defendants have not made payment for the goods and/or services provided, despite agreeing to do so.
Paul Casket Company is seeking judgment in the amount of $31,837.69 with pre- and post-judgment interest. It is being represented by Clinton W. Smith.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Jennifer Bailey.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1034
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit