CHARLESTON -- Paul Casket Company is suing Cooke Funeral Home, Inc., after it claims the funeral home failed to pay more than $30,000 for goods and services provided.
Cooke & Pauley Funeral Home, Inc. was also named as a defendant in the suit.
Paul Casket Company provided the defendants with goods and/or services in the amount of $31,837.69, according to a complaint filed June 5 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
The company claims the defendants have not made payment for the goods and/or services provided, despite agreeing to do so.
Paul Casket Company is seeking judgment in the amount of $31,837.69 with pre- and post-judgment interest. It is being represented by Clinton W. Smith.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Jennifer Bailey.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1034
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection