Rhonda Little and John Little vs. Express Printing, Inc.; Jay Stone; Sara Stone; Kay Stone; John Rowsey; and Sentry Select Insurance Company
PA- J. Kristopher Cormany; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On May 10, 2011, Rowsey was driving on Hal Greer Boulevard in Huntington in a white Dodge Ram van owned by Express Printing. The Littles claim Rowsey was speeding, driving in a reckless manner, illegally driving while under the influence of alcohol and drugs and was driving on the wrong side of the road when he collided with a 2001 Volkswagen Passat operated by Patrick Joseph Shaffer, causing Shaffer's vehicle to collide with the vehicle Rhonda Little was a passenger in. The Littles are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-396
Construction Enterprises of the Tri-State, Inc. d/b/a Ross Brothers Construction Company vs. Huntington Alloys Corporation; Thistle Processing, LLC; and Caledonian Alloys, Inc.
PA- Edward M. Kowal Jr., Natalie Corrigan; J- David M. Pancake
* In Spring 2011, Caledonian entered into an agreement with the plaintiff to perform work on facilities owned, operated, controlled or maintained by the defendants. Construction Enterprises claims the defendant failed and refused to pay for the work performed. The plaintiff is seeking damages in the amount of $615,261.25 with pre- and post-judgment interest and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-403
St. Mary's Medical Center, Inc. vs. Jeffrey Shook, DPM
PA- Christopher J. McCarthy; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On May 10, 2007, Shook entered into a loan agreement with St. Mary's where the hospital loaned Shook $50,000 in return for Shook's promise and agreement to pay back the full amount with interest. St. Mary's claims Shook has failed to pay back the loan. The hospital is seeking damages in the amount of $50,000 with interest at a contractual rate of 9.25 percent per annum from May 10, 2007, until the date of judgment and post-judgment interest at the statutory rate of 7 percent per annum from the date of judgment until satisfied.
Case number: 12-C-405
- Suit claims Marcum & Associates owes sum for unpaid goods
- Suit claims University Physicians and Surgeons failed to pay employees in timely manner
- Morrisey, Texas AG urge feds before climate summit
- Chester mayor challenges city council bid of negligence
- Owners of modular home accuse manufacturer of negligence
- Inmate says Charleston officers used racial slurs, excess force
- Railroad worker says logging firm negligent in hiring
- Wyoming Co. miner accuses coal mines of harmful safety violations
- Winfield files petition over rejection of annexation request
- AG announces mobile office hours for December