Rhonda Little and John Little vs. Express Printing, Inc.; Jay Stone; Sara Stone; Kay Stone; John Rowsey; and Sentry Select Insurance Company
PA- J. Kristopher Cormany; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On May 10, 2011, Rowsey was driving on Hal Greer Boulevard in Huntington in a white Dodge Ram van owned by Express Printing. The Littles claim Rowsey was speeding, driving in a reckless manner, illegally driving while under the influence of alcohol and drugs and was driving on the wrong side of the road when he collided with a 2001 Volkswagen Passat operated by Patrick Joseph Shaffer, causing Shaffer's vehicle to collide with the vehicle Rhonda Little was a passenger in. The Littles are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-396
Construction Enterprises of the Tri-State, Inc. d/b/a Ross Brothers Construction Company vs. Huntington Alloys Corporation; Thistle Processing, LLC; and Caledonian Alloys, Inc.
PA- Edward M. Kowal Jr., Natalie Corrigan; J- David M. Pancake
* In Spring 2011, Caledonian entered into an agreement with the plaintiff to perform work on facilities owned, operated, controlled or maintained by the defendants. Construction Enterprises claims the defendant failed and refused to pay for the work performed. The plaintiff is seeking damages in the amount of $615,261.25 with pre- and post-judgment interest and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-403
St. Mary's Medical Center, Inc. vs. Jeffrey Shook, DPM
PA- Christopher J. McCarthy; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On May 10, 2007, Shook entered into a loan agreement with St. Mary's where the hospital loaned Shook $50,000 in return for Shook's promise and agreement to pay back the full amount with interest. St. Mary's claims Shook has failed to pay back the loan. The hospital is seeking damages in the amount of $50,000 with interest at a contractual rate of 9.25 percent per annum from May 10, 2007, until the date of judgment and post-judgment interest at the statutory rate of 7 percent per annum from the date of judgment until satisfied.
Case number: 12-C-405
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published