CHARLESTON -- A Braxton County woman is suing Dollar General after she claims she was injured while in one of its stores.
Dolgencorp is doing business as Dollar General.
On June 12, 2010, Opal Fox was at Dollar General when she slipped on water that had accumulated in one of the aisles and sustained injuries, according to a complaint filed June 11 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Fox claims the hazard imposed by the accumulated water was due to the defendant's negligence in failing to provide for a reasonably safe place of business.
As a result of the defendant's negligence, Fox sustained injuries to her left knee, great pain of body and mind and mental anguish and distress, according to the suit.
Fox is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by Sean W. Cook.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Tod J. Kaufman.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1076
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall