CHARLESTON -- A Braxton County woman is suing Dollar General after she claims she was injured while in one of its stores.
Dolgencorp is doing business as Dollar General.
On June 12, 2010, Opal Fox was at Dollar General when she slipped on water that had accumulated in one of the aisles and sustained injuries, according to a complaint filed June 11 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Fox claims the hazard imposed by the accumulated water was due to the defendant's negligence in failing to provide for a reasonably safe place of business.
As a result of the defendant's negligence, Fox sustained injuries to her left knee, great pain of body and mind and mental anguish and distress, according to the suit.
Fox is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by Sean W. Cook.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Tod J. Kaufman.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1076
- Customer charges Dollar General with ignoring her complaint
- Railway worker sues Norfolk Southern over twisted ankle, claiming negligence
- Daughter sues CAMC, claiming mother fell during treatment
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death