CHARLESTON -- A Charleston is suing his former business partner and A&B Used Cars, LLC for breach of contract and fraud after their business relationship ended.
For several years until July 5, 2011, Randall Sigman was an investor and a business partner with Robert Walker, who is the owner of A&B Used Cars, according to a complaint filed June 22 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Sigman claims during their business relationship, Sigman would purchase vehicles using his personal funds, which would be sold by A&B for a profit which would be split evenly between him and A&B.
During the business relationship, Sigman also purchased numerous tools and other equipment with his own money that were used by A&B for the operation of the business, according to the suit.
Sigman claims he also made numerous loans to Walker for the operation of A&B, which to date remain unpaid.
On July 5, 2011, Walker and A&B severed all ties with Sigman by having the Kanawha County Sheriff's Department physically remove him from A&B, according to the suit.
Sigman claims at the time Walker severed the business relationship, he and A&B owed him money for his investments in automobiles, for future profits, for purchased equipment and for unpaid loans.
The defendants breached their contract with Sigman, according to the suit, and defrauded Sigman of profits, loan proceeds and tools and equipment.
Sigman is seeking compensatory damages. He is being represented by Michael O. Callaghan.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Carrie Webster.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1176
- Morgantown man blames WVU for table saw injuries
- Morgantown resident files suit to remove mayor, City Council members
- We the People program brings grant money to W.Va. teachers
- Customer charges Dollar General with ignoring her complaint
- Railway worker sues Norfolk Southern over twisted ankle, claiming negligence
- Daughter sues CAMC, claiming mother fell during treatment
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law