Eva B. Blair vs. Wal-mart Stores East, LP
PA- Greg K. Smith, Matthew E. Chandler; J- F. Jane Hustead
* The Mingo County woman claims she was at Wal-mart in Huntington on Sept. 3, 2011, when she fell inside its premises and sustained injuries. Blair claims the defendant negligently failed to properly engineer, construct and maintain the public entrance/exit in a safe and hazard-free manner. Blair is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-408
William Pierce vs. Danne Crum Jr. and Mountaineer Gas Company
PA- S. Douglas Adkins; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On March 9, 2011, Pierce was operating a 2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Truck in Wayne County when Crum, who was an employee of Mountaineer Gas, struck his vehicle. Pierce is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-423
Peggy Rice vs. the Kroger Company; Kroger Group Cooperative, Inc.; Kroger Limited Partnership I; and Kroger MTL Management, LLC
PA- Randall L. Trautwein; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On July 13, 2010, Rice was at the defendants' Kroger store in Huntington when she slipped and fell. Rice is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-426
Justin Drew Kinder vs. City of Huntington, W.Va. and Daniel Wiles
PA- Scott H. Kaminski; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On June 30, 2010, Kinder and Wiles were together in Huntington when Wiles' firearm accidentally discharged and shot Kinder's shoulder. Kinder is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-429
Alethea Kister vs. Gifford's, Inc. d/b/a Davis' Place and Gifford Perdue
PA- Todd S. Bailess; J- David M. Pancake
* Kister worked for the defendants from September 2011 until she was discharged on April 17. Kister claims the defendant did not pay her wages during the course of her employment and failed to pay her final wages within 72 hours of discharge. Kister is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-431
- SDW Electric sued for allegedly unpaid debts
- Workers accuse Republic Energy of firing over safety complaints, age
- Beckley HVAC firm seeks restitution from Norco Construction for unpaid bills
- Repo man seeks possession of final paycheck
- Woman accuses Marion Co. Coal of discrimination, retaliation
- A&R Logistics says Kenworth truck caused fire damage
- Six employees accuse Mason BOE of wage underpayment
- Randolph Co. church sues over banning of property sale
- Ohio Co. judge OKs $18 million settlement in wrongful death lawsuit
- Calif. governor says Morrisey, Texas AG grandstanding on climate issue