CHARLESTON -- A West Virginia Division of Natural Resources employee says her supervisor at Cass Scenic Railroad sexually harassed her on numerous occasions.
Rex Cassell, an employee of WVDNR was also named as a defendant in the suit.
Amy McGrew is employed by the defendants as a locomotive fireman at Cass Scenic Railroad, according to a complaint filed June 29 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
McGrew claims Cassell sexually harassed her on numerous occasions and that she is discriminated against because of her complaints regarding the sexual harassment.
Cassell and other employees have ostracized McGrew in retaliation for her sexual harassment complaints and have violated the West Virginia Human Rights Act, according to the suit.
McGrew claims the defendants created a hostile work environment and have caused her to suffer emotional distress, annoyance and inconvenience.
Cassell's conduct was intentional and intended to cause McGrew harm by sexually harassing her and subsequently ostracizing her, according to the suit.
McGrew is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. She is being represented by Paul M. Stroebel.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge James C. Stucky.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1222
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy
- Justices: Board of review relied on misstatement, mischaracterization
- Man accuses John Skidmore Development of workers’ comp discrimination
- Police officer sues City of Kenova for forcing him to quit
- Woman accuses 3D Construction of discrimination, invasion of privacy
- Wayne Co. man sues Mountaineer Contractors for breach
- Woman says Nytis Exploration violated state code
- Panel reviews public financing complaints in Supreme Court race
- Steptoe & Johnson will sponsor North American Prospect Expo in Houston