CHARLESTON -- A West Virginia Division of Natural Resources employee says her supervisor at Cass Scenic Railroad sexually harassed her on numerous occasions.
Rex Cassell, an employee of WVDNR was also named as a defendant in the suit.
Amy McGrew is employed by the defendants as a locomotive fireman at Cass Scenic Railroad, according to a complaint filed June 29 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
McGrew claims Cassell sexually harassed her on numerous occasions and that she is discriminated against because of her complaints regarding the sexual harassment.
Cassell and other employees have ostracized McGrew in retaliation for her sexual harassment complaints and have violated the West Virginia Human Rights Act, according to the suit.
McGrew claims the defendants created a hostile work environment and have caused her to suffer emotional distress, annoyance and inconvenience.
Cassell's conduct was intentional and intended to cause McGrew harm by sexually harassing her and subsequently ostracizing her, according to the suit.
McGrew is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. She is being represented by Paul M. Stroebel.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge James C. Stucky.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1222
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall