CHARLESTON -- A West Virginia Division of Natural Resources employee says her supervisor at Cass Scenic Railroad sexually harassed her on numerous occasions.
Rex Cassell, an employee of WVDNR was also named as a defendant in the suit.
Amy McGrew is employed by the defendants as a locomotive fireman at Cass Scenic Railroad, according to a complaint filed June 29 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
McGrew claims Cassell sexually harassed her on numerous occasions and that she is discriminated against because of her complaints regarding the sexual harassment.
Cassell and other employees have ostracized McGrew in retaliation for her sexual harassment complaints and have violated the West Virginia Human Rights Act, according to the suit.
McGrew claims the defendants created a hostile work environment and have caused her to suffer emotional distress, annoyance and inconvenience.
Cassell's conduct was intentional and intended to cause McGrew harm by sexually harassing her and subsequently ostracizing her, according to the suit.
McGrew is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. She is being represented by Paul M. Stroebel.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge James C. Stucky.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1222
- Steptoe & Johnson names new Chief Information Officer
- Morrisey announces new additions to office staff
- Slip and fall accident leads to suit against local Walmart store
- Huntington nursing home abuse case removed to federal court
- Coal miner sues after allegedly suffering head injuries on job site
- Man accuses Southern Coal Corporation of wrongful termination
- Career employee charges Lowe’s with age discrimination in job loss
- WVU wrongful termination suit goes to federal court
- Ohio couple says Cook's Heating & Cooling breached contract
- Woman accuses welfare group, Goodwill of race discrimination