CHARLESTON -- A Pinch man is suing Praxair, Inc. and Bell Mechanical, Inc. after he was injured during the course of his employment.
Jason Rusnak was employed by Bell as a laborer and was working at Praxair's Marmet facility and on Dec. 5, 2011, a large quantity of anhydrous ammonia was released and caused him injuries, according to a complaint filed July 6 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Rusnak claims the inhalation injuries he suffered to his lungs were serious.
The defendants failed to comply with state and federal statutes and regulations and commonly accepted industry practices, according to the suit.
Rusnak claims the defendants failed to provide him with proper training, failed to perform a job safety analysis, failed to take appropriate steps to protect him from injury and failed to warn him of the adverse health affects or hazards associated with working around anhydrous ammonia.
The defendants were negligent in failing to provide Rusnak with a reasonably safe place to work, according to the suit.
Rusnak is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. He is being represented by Brett J. Preston, C. Benjamin Salango and Dan R. Snuffer.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Paul Zakaib Jr.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1270
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit