Pearl M. Rodriguez vs. Kroger Limited Partnership I, a corporation
PA- Rodney T. Berry; J- Hummel
* On July 11, 2011, plaintiff was leaving Kroger when she was struck and injured by a shopping cart in the parking lot. Judgment against defendant is demanded to compensate her injuries.
Case number: 12-C-121
Debbie Rotriga vs. Azz Glavinizing Inc.
PA- Daniel M. Balgo; J- Karl
* Plaintiff was employed almost three years, beginning April 2009. She needed time off in connection with her pregnancy. Her first day returning to work, her superior informed her that she would be placed on probation. Rotriga was terminated after 30 days of employment. Compensatory damages are requested for injuries both past and present.
Case number: 12-C-122
Anthony Skrypek vs. McElroy Coal Company
PA-Eric M. Gordon; J- Karl
* Defendants conducted longwall mining operations within and adjacent to plaintiff's Cameron property in early September 2010. The property situated thereon suffered damages, not limited to foundation shifts. To date, defendant has failed to repair plaintiff's land or adequately compensate him. Relief is sought for compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-124
Melvin D. Oliver Jr. vs. American Commercial Lines Inc. and its wholly- owned subsidiary Commercial Barge Line Company, individually and as successor-in-interest through merger and acquisition to American Commercial Barge Lines, LLC national Marine, LLC, National Marine, Inc., Dravo Mechling Corporation, Union Mechling Corporation, and Union Barge Line; Commercial Barge Line Company
PA- R. Dean Hartley; J. Michael Prascik; J- Hummel
* Plaintiff was employed as laborer around brown-water vessels from 1973 to 1999. He was routinely exposed to various carcinogenic products. Severe and permanent injuries resulted from these exposures producing a diagnosis of follicular B-cell lymphoma in October 2009. These injuries were caused by the unseaworthiness of the vessels on which he worked. Plaintiff demands a trial by jury.
Case number: 12-C-125
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan