Pearl M. Rodriguez vs. Kroger Limited Partnership I, a corporation
PA- Rodney T. Berry; J- Hummel
* On July 11, 2011, plaintiff was leaving Kroger when she was struck and injured by a shopping cart in the parking lot. Judgment against defendant is demanded to compensate her injuries.
Case number: 12-C-121
Debbie Rotriga vs. Azz Glavinizing Inc.
PA- Daniel M. Balgo; J- Karl
* Plaintiff was employed almost three years, beginning April 2009. She needed time off in connection with her pregnancy. Her first day returning to work, her superior informed her that she would be placed on probation. Rotriga was terminated after 30 days of employment. Compensatory damages are requested for injuries both past and present.
Case number: 12-C-122
Anthony Skrypek vs. McElroy Coal Company
PA-Eric M. Gordon; J- Karl
* Defendants conducted longwall mining operations within and adjacent to plaintiff's Cameron property in early September 2010. The property situated thereon suffered damages, not limited to foundation shifts. To date, defendant has failed to repair plaintiff's land or adequately compensate him. Relief is sought for compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-124
Melvin D. Oliver Jr. vs. American Commercial Lines Inc. and its wholly- owned subsidiary Commercial Barge Line Company, individually and as successor-in-interest through merger and acquisition to American Commercial Barge Lines, LLC national Marine, LLC, National Marine, Inc., Dravo Mechling Corporation, Union Mechling Corporation, and Union Barge Line; Commercial Barge Line Company
PA- R. Dean Hartley; J. Michael Prascik; J- Hummel
* Plaintiff was employed as laborer around brown-water vessels from 1973 to 1999. He was routinely exposed to various carcinogenic products. Severe and permanent injuries resulted from these exposures producing a diagnosis of follicular B-cell lymphoma in October 2009. These injuries were caused by the unseaworthiness of the vessels on which he worked. Plaintiff demands a trial by jury.
Case number: 12-C-125
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note