MORGANTOWN -- A couple is suing three individuals they claim are responsible for a boating accident that caused them injuries.
On July 5, 2010, Jason Sherwood was sitting in his motor boat in or near the no wake zone area of Cheat Lake near the Mont Chateau boat dock and marina on Cheat Lake with Mary Ann Sherwood as a passenger of the boat, according to a complaint filed July 5 in Monongalia Circuit Court.
The Sherwoods claim Casey Andrews was operating a motor boat toward the no wake zone where their boat was located when he negligently, carelessly and recklessly failed to maintain a lookout and failed to maintain control of his boat, thereby striking the Sherwood boat and causing them to be thrown about within the boat.
Andrews had consumed beer and other intoxicating beverages causing him to become intoxicated, according to the suit, and his actions constituted gross, reckless and wanton negligence toward the Sherwoods.
The Sherwoods claim the boat that Casey Andrews was driving was owned by Frank Andrews.
Richie Michael was involved in assisting, purchasing and consuming intoxicating beverages with Casey Andrews which resulted in both of them becoming intoxicated while operating the boat, according to the suit.
The Sherwoods are seeking compensatory and punitive damages. They are being represented by Timothy J. Manchin and Taylor B. Downs.
Monongalia Circuit Court case number: 12-C-449
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall