MORGANTOWN -- A couple is suing three individuals they claim are responsible for a boating accident that caused them injuries.
On July 5, 2010, Jason Sherwood was sitting in his motor boat in or near the no wake zone area of Cheat Lake near the Mont Chateau boat dock and marina on Cheat Lake with Mary Ann Sherwood as a passenger of the boat, according to a complaint filed July 5 in Monongalia Circuit Court.
The Sherwoods claim Casey Andrews was operating a motor boat toward the no wake zone where their boat was located when he negligently, carelessly and recklessly failed to maintain a lookout and failed to maintain control of his boat, thereby striking the Sherwood boat and causing them to be thrown about within the boat.
Andrews had consumed beer and other intoxicating beverages causing him to become intoxicated, according to the suit, and his actions constituted gross, reckless and wanton negligence toward the Sherwoods.
The Sherwoods claim the boat that Casey Andrews was driving was owned by Frank Andrews.
Richie Michael was involved in assisting, purchasing and consuming intoxicating beverages with Casey Andrews which resulted in both of them becoming intoxicated while operating the boat, according to the suit.
The Sherwoods are seeking compensatory and punitive damages. They are being represented by Timothy J. Manchin and Taylor B. Downs.
Monongalia Circuit Court case number: 12-C-449
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan