In re: Samantha J. Sheets, by her mother and legal guardian, Misty Rollins
PA – Francis M. Curnutte III; J – Nibert
* The petitioner is asking the court to approve a settlement for $177,500 to compensate Samantha for injuries she sustained in a Nov. 18 collision between her father, Paul Sheets, and Steven Stover on W.Va. 2.
Case number: 12-C-75
Jonathan and Heather Beattie vs. Skyline Corporation, CMH Homes, Inc. d/b/a Luv Homes and Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc.
PA – Cameron S. McKinney; J – Nibert
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for failing to properly install a mobile home they purchased on Nov. 12, 2007, and make good on the warranty. They seek unspecified damages, court costs and attorneys fees.
Case number: 12-C-82
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published