Richard Curry vs. the Parkersburg Narcotics Task Force and the Wood County Prosecuting Attorney's Office
PA – William B. Summers; J – Waters
* The plaintiff is petitioning the court for return of his 2004 Ford Expedition, and $14,900 seized by the Task Force on Dec. 30, 2011, but has yet to be forfeited in a civil action filed by the Prosecuting Attorney's Office.
Case number: 12-C-254
West Virginia State Police vs. Craig Lucas, individually, and as owner of Extreme Dirt Series
PA – John A. Hoyer; J – Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant, a Washington business, for breach of contract in failing to pay them for crowd control services performed on May 29, 2008 in Elizabeth. They seek judgment against Lucas for $1,663 to include the unpaid invoice of $770, accumulated interest of $308, the filing fee of $155 and $400 in legal fees.
Case number: 12-C-273
Bondina Stone, individually and on behalf of her children, Landon and Laci Stone vs. Ida M. Hickman, executor of the estate of Jackie B. Dawson
PA – George Cosenza; J – Beane
* The plaintiff, a Mineral Wells resident, is petitioning the court to declare Dawson's will recorded in the Wood County Clerk's Office on Jan. 9 as fraudulent, and they are the rightful heirs of the estate.
Case number: 12-C-287
- U.S. Chamber urges Tomblin to sign AG 'sunshine bill'
- Man says he was injured by Jefferson High teacher at school
- Man sues R&R Operations, others for injuries from fall
- Delbarton man accuses Williamson Memorial of HIPAA violations
- Injections necessary for man’s 1986 injury, Justices rule
- U.S. SC sides with states, halts EPA’s Clean Power Plan
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Motorist sues for alleged negligence in collision
- Suit against Hampton Inn alleges bug infestation
- Auto wholesaler seeks to move sexual harassment claim to federal court