Richard Curry vs. the Parkersburg Narcotics Task Force and the Wood County Prosecuting Attorney's Office
PA – William B. Summers; J – Waters
* The plaintiff is petitioning the court for return of his 2004 Ford Expedition, and $14,900 seized by the Task Force on Dec. 30, 2011, but has yet to be forfeited in a civil action filed by the Prosecuting Attorney's Office.
Case number: 12-C-254
West Virginia State Police vs. Craig Lucas, individually, and as owner of Extreme Dirt Series
PA – John A. Hoyer; J – Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant, a Washington business, for breach of contract in failing to pay them for crowd control services performed on May 29, 2008 in Elizabeth. They seek judgment against Lucas for $1,663 to include the unpaid invoice of $770, accumulated interest of $308, the filing fee of $155 and $400 in legal fees.
Case number: 12-C-273
Bondina Stone, individually and on behalf of her children, Landon and Laci Stone vs. Ida M. Hickman, executor of the estate of Jackie B. Dawson
PA – George Cosenza; J – Beane
* The plaintiff, a Mineral Wells resident, is petitioning the court to declare Dawson's will recorded in the Wood County Clerk's Office on Jan. 9 as fraudulent, and they are the rightful heirs of the estate.
Case number: 12-C-287
- Pennsylvania man sues developer, alleging breach of agreement
- Woman sues Nitro to stop city from assessing property fees
- Kanawha Co. woman sues after fall on sidewak at St. Francis
- Fayette Co. woman blames Kmart in slip-and-fall suit
- UPDATE: WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- AG's office files diesel engine lawsuit against VW
- Robin Davis is a conflict of interest
- New prevailing wage rates, same old problems
- Woman sues St. Mary's Medical Center for mother's death
- Woman sues Marshall University for soccer injuries