Richard Curry vs. the Parkersburg Narcotics Task Force and the Wood County Prosecuting Attorney's Office
PA – William B. Summers; J – Waters
* The plaintiff is petitioning the court for return of his 2004 Ford Expedition, and $14,900 seized by the Task Force on Dec. 30, 2011, but has yet to be forfeited in a civil action filed by the Prosecuting Attorney's Office.
Case number: 12-C-254
West Virginia State Police vs. Craig Lucas, individually, and as owner of Extreme Dirt Series
PA – John A. Hoyer; J – Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant, a Washington business, for breach of contract in failing to pay them for crowd control services performed on May 29, 2008 in Elizabeth. They seek judgment against Lucas for $1,663 to include the unpaid invoice of $770, accumulated interest of $308, the filing fee of $155 and $400 in legal fees.
Case number: 12-C-273
Bondina Stone, individually and on behalf of her children, Landon and Laci Stone vs. Ida M. Hickman, executor of the estate of Jackie B. Dawson
PA – George Cosenza; J – Beane
* The plaintiff, a Mineral Wells resident, is petitioning the court to declare Dawson's will recorded in the Wood County Clerk's Office on Jan. 9 as fraudulent, and they are the rightful heirs of the estate.
Case number: 12-C-287
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements