Doug's Towing v Cranston David Johnson and The City of Westover
PA-Edward Kohout; J-NA
* Doug's Towing alleges that even as an approved towing company for Monongalia County's towing rotation, recent ordinances passed by the City of Westover are directed harassment toward the company. Doug's Towing also claims Westover has refused to use the county's towing rotation list and Mayor Johnson has instructed the Westover Chief of Police not to use Doug's Towing even if they are next on the towing list. Johnson showed up at one accident scene demanding to know why Doug's Towing was on the scene. During a discussion between Doug's Towing, Johnson and the City's Chief of Police, it was alleged Johnson lunged at the plaintiff causing the Police Chief to step between then. Doug's Towing seeks a restraining order, declaratory relief invailidating the ordinances, an injunction stopping Westover from taking any action against Doug's Towing during the Court proceeding and damages against the defendants.
Case number: 12-C-527
Amy Jantosz v West Virginia University Hospitals
PA-Bernand E. Layne; J-NA
* Jantosz was employed by University Health Associates as a license practical nurse while studying to become a registered nurse. She applied for a job at the Urgent Care facility connected to University Health Associates and was told she was close to being offered a position. Two months went by and she asked the status of the position and was told there was a bad reference given from within the UHA/Ruby memorial hospital. Jantosz has attempted to receive her application, interview notes and reference checks, but was unable to do so. Jantosz seeks a court order to obtain depositions from those involved.
Case number: 12-C-535
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection